Some questions about the Sennheiser HD201
Apr 10, 2007 at 6:00 AM Post #47 of 58
It most likely doesnt, although you are more likely to find a 201 than you are to find an Orpheus.

Apr 10, 2007 at 6:04 AM Post #48 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by cratskomodo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
does that dealer sell every product by Senn?

Highly doubtful, especially since we don't know what dealer you're talking about. You're going to have to call them to find out.

Apr 10, 2007 at 9:42 PM Post #50 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by appophylite /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Correct! With the V150 you can just pop the drivers in where the original drivers were and there are clips that will hold it in place. You do have to pull away the pleather and the foam but once you do, you'll see that the cups are held together with only 3-4 screws making for easy open/easy close. With the HD201, a little sanding is necessary as the space is a bit smaller that the 75 drivers. In my roommate's V150s, he cut a slit with a saw by the hole through which the cable runs so he could slip the original cable into place. Me, I just pressed lightly enough at the solder joint to rewet the solder, pull out the cable, thread it back through the holes and resolder it to its existing point with a little flux.

Hey, thanks, appophylite! Sorry to be a bit dense, but just so I got this right:
the KSCs fit in the arms of the Sonys i.e. they're not inside the shells/enclosures? (you'd throw away the Sony logo'd shells?). Or have I got this wrong & the Koss fit inside the shells so from the outside they'd look like Sony cans?

I have 2pr KSCs & want to keep one stock & mod the other - putting them in a headband sounds good to go!

Apr 10, 2007 at 10:15 PM Post #51 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey, thanks, appophylite! Sorry to be a bit dense, but just so I got this right:
the KSCs fit in the arms of the Sonys i.e. they're not inside the shells/enclosures? (you'd throw away the Sony logo'd shells?). Or have I got this wrong & the Koss fit inside the shells so from the outside they'd look like Sony cans?

I have 2pr KSCs & want to keep one stock & mod the other - putting them in a headband sounds good to go!

Its the second way--> you open up the Sony logo'd shells (which isn't too hard) and you'll see the sony drivers held in by just a couple of clips. these clips are perfectly spaced for the 75s as well. In fact, my roommate didn't even remove the gray outer shell of the KSC75s. He just up and snapped the whole thing in.

Apr 10, 2007 at 11:34 PM Post #53 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by cratskomodo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just wondering, is it pronouced 'Senn HI ser' or 'Senn HEY ser' ?

(In German sounding accent) ZEEN-HI-SAH!!!!
biggrin.gif

Apr 10, 2007 at 11:35 PM Post #54 of 58
German: SennHIser I guess....as in Heil....er...

Thanks Appophylite -all clear!
smily_headphones1.gif

May 17, 2007 at 6:54 PM Post #57 of 58
I have 2 pairs of Sennheiser HD201s and I really think they are underrated. I love the mids and highs from these phones. Yes not as bassy as some of my other phones but they just sound great. Crystal clear.
You can always EQ or put in a bass filter circuit to get more bass but I find it adequate.

For a set of phones like these for under $20, I'm very pleased. I even use them in my studio. I do have lots of headphones. Many are Studio Rated and reference rated. I have owned much higher priced phones that the 201s would put to shame!

The 201s are ultra comforable. I'm not sayng they are as good as Grados or higher end phones. I think they are in a category by themselve as amazing phones for the money. Great with an ipod!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back