Some questions about the NWZ-639
Dec 13, 2008 at 11:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

younglee200

1000+ Head-Fier
Can the player read Korean & any other Asian languages? Two of the players I have right now can't read it and it really doesn't matter to me how good a player is if I can't understand read what 2/3 of my songs are.

Also, I haven't been able to find any US websites to order the 639, so I was wondering if anybody knew where I could get them for a good price.

The color I want is the silver / orange:
Sony NWZ-S639FS 16GB Drag & Drop MP4 Video Player with: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

If not, to those in the UK, would it be possible for me to pay someone to order one for me? Of course I would cover everything incl shipping and such.

Thanks in advance

Dec 13, 2008 at 11:44 PM Post #2 of 7
Buy it from Advanced Mp3 Player. They do ship overseas, and you do not have to pay VAT.

AFAIK, the player supports Korean, traditional and simplified Chinese, as well as Japanese characters (though not as the player's operating language).

Dec 13, 2008 at 11:49 PM Post #3 of 7
totals to about 90 british pounds incl shipping, which is like 140.

thanks a lot for the quick response, I'll be ordering it from here later.

From what I've read, these don't need an amp to sound good, correct?

Dec 13, 2008 at 11:55 PM Post #4 of 7
Fortunately none of my headphones requires an amp to shine, so I can't answer that. It does sound good on my CX 95, Custom-1 and a C751 I tested recently.

I can confirm that it displays Japanese characters fine. Don't know about Korean, but my girlfriend pointed out that the 3rd language from the bottom is Korean:

S6392.jpg

S6391.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back