some questions about newly bought K1000
Apr 23, 2005 at 3:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

fatko

500+ Head-Fier
1) do u guys use banana plug for K1000?
2) the sound seems very thin when i open it in the largest angle, is it the best sounding angle the largest angle?
3) can i buy the hp jack connector easily on the street?
4) how much better about burn in?
confused.gif

Apr 23, 2005 at 4:00 PM Post #2 of 8
the K1000 has rolled of bass moreso when the wings are opened out. They definitely need a bass heavy or heavy hitting bass from the amp that is driving them.Also anything tending towards ltra harsh/bright is bad. As for impact Dave Mathews is coming throuhg plenty good even with the DAC1 which has a lean mean presentation. I will still say this that this amp will sing with darker integrated bassy amps.
The widest angle definitely maximises the staging and feeling of speaker listening.

Apr 23, 2005 at 9:43 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by kunwar
the K1000 has rolled of bass moreso when the wings are opened out. They definitely need a bass heavy or heavy hitting bass from the amp that is driving them.Also anything tending towards ltra harsh/bright is bad. As for impact Dave Mathews is coming throuhg plenty good even with the DAC1 which has a lean mean presentation. I will still say this that this amp will sing with darker integrated bassy amps.
The widest angle definitely maximises the staging and feeling of speaker listening.

This depends on the shape of ones ears and all, but I agree that the basic tradeoff is between bass and imaging.
k1000smile.gif

Apr 23, 2005 at 9:54 PM Post #5 of 8
I generally listen with them at an angle about parallel to my outter ears (which ends up being ~25-30˚ I think). With this configuration, the bass is good and the treble air is still present, all while maintaning enough of the K1000 soundstage. You really do have to experiment for yourself, though.

May 3, 2005 at 3:23 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by daycart1
This depends on the shape of ones ears and all, but I agree that the basic tradeoff is between bass and imaging.
k1000smile.gif

excellent observation what with monkey eas and dog flap style ears and boxer like ears
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

May 3, 2005 at 4:47 PM Post #7 of 8
meech's dared monoblocks pumped serious bass out for the k1000 - the drivers were literally thrashing about in their metal cages, back and forth, back and forth...and that was just for a doublebass on a jazz tune!

May 3, 2005 at 5:06 PM Post #8 of 8
IMO the only reason you see pictures of people using K1000's fully extended is to look even more goofy than they already are, not because it sounds better. In fact you should avoid fully extending them as to not cause damage as there isn't much of a well-implemented stop measure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back