Some questions about MS-2 vs HD600
Apr 26, 2009 at 1:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Oya?

500+ Head-Fier
Hi HF,

So my HD25-1 (along with my iPod) was stolen while I was at the airport recently. I've got another one being shipped but now I'm thinking that it might be time to try out another phone. I've been hunting for a well-priced used HD600 online but eBay has been unfruitful so far. And local prices for hi-fi headphones over here are generally a bit silly (I laughed when I saw a store selling K701s for $1200).
smile.gif
I could always sell the new HD25-1 for some extra cash but I don't think I could live without it for portable use.

I'm thinking that if I can't find a HD600/580 for a reasonable price I'll get an MS-2 instead. I used to have an MS-1 and loved it, although it found a new home quite a while ago. If anyone has had these 2 phones, could you comment on which one you liked better for metal (symph), rock (alternative, indie), electronic? I understand they may be worlds apart sig-wise but any input is appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

Apr 26, 2009 at 3:46 PM Post #3 of 4
i have both. well technically, since i only have the 580/upgraded w/600 grill and cable. as far as i am concern i love both. but if it is for rock, definitely go with the ms2. in the song sweet child of mine slash's intro never ceases to amaze me. but for vocals and more mellow music definitely go with the senns. btw if ur amp is not that powerful, it may have a problem driving the 580/600 a bit.

Apr 27, 2009 at 7:23 AM Post #4 of 4
Yeah, my only good source is the humble Zero.
smile.gif
I was a bit worried about how it'd drive HD600s. I actually ended up ordering the MS-2 just now, hopefully it'll be here in a few days. I'm thinking if I like the MS-2 I'll also replace my source with something new as well, sometime in the near future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back