Some questions about Klipsch X1/S2
Mar 8, 2010 at 10:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

DervishD

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all
smily_headphones1.gif

As the title says, I have some questions about these IEMs.

For a start: are they the same? I mean X1 == S2?

Second: any warning about sound signature or quality? Some concise description of sound signature, anyone?

Third: where can I buy them cheap that ships to Spain? I've seen the current deal on Amazon.co.uk, but I don't know if they carry the X1, the S2, I'm not sure about shipping rates and I don't know if they will ship earphones to Spain.

Last but not least: are they worth the price? And I don't mean the 19.99 GBP in Amazon.co.uk, but the usual retail price, about $80 in some places. Just to be sure they are not another overpriced earphone.

Thanks a lot, dudes!

Mar 8, 2010 at 3:43 PM Post #2 of 4
yes X1 is equal to S2. Its exclusive packaging for Amazon.
personally I love my X1's, after about 20 hours burn in they really open up, for such a tiny thing they are very detailed and the soundstage is great. £20 is an absolute steal, I wouldn't guess they were that cheap, I would say £60+ IEM's, and personally I rate them better than any dynamic I've heard. YMMV, this is based on my listening tastes, hiphop, dnb, rap, breakbeat, techno, with some rock music and pop for good measure. They are remarkable though and as a testament with my JH13's and X1's I don't feel the need for any other IEM's.

Mar 8, 2010 at 7:51 PM Post #4 of 4
Hi timmyGCSE
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks for the advice
smily_headphones1.gif
I'm *really* tempted to buy a pair, but I'm pretty sure my wife will then kill me. Specially because I told her this weekend that she already has enough makeup when she was going to buy some of that crap that women love to put in their faces
ksc75smile.gif

The problem is that she is utterly right because now I have more than enough phones. I have my HD201 when I'm in circumaural mood, my Ai-M9 for the gym, my Ai-M11 for relaxed listening and the JVC HA-FXC50 when I want more detail and I don't care about ear-soreness
jecklinsmile.gif
BUT my wife has much more makeup than that
wink.gif

I really loved the S2 for the form-factor. The size and shape are the ones that my ear loves (thin, long, weird sleeves) but I wasn't sure about the sound quality.

Again, thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back