Some Questions About Grado SR60
Nov 28, 2009 at 5:24 AM Post #16 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by estreeter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As one of the Grado faithful,. I'm wary of telling someone who doesnt know what he is 'missing' that he will automatically love these headphones. I find it hard to imagine someone not liking the MS-1, for example, but there are folk here who do not like the sound signature or the styling (!) : we probably need to bear that in mind. Their loss, but they do exist.

Good point. The Grado styling and sound signature are not for everyone. Some people never get used to either. On the other hand, Grados are uncommonly good at what they do. It takes a while to get used to the signature but once it gets under your skin, it's pretty awesome.

Nov 28, 2009 at 5:30 AM Post #17 of 23
I don't find the 60 uncomfortable at all. In fact, I find them quite easy on the head/ears. I adjusted the headband by spreading it out a bit. Fits nice on my cabeza grande.

Nov 28, 2009 at 9:07 AM Post #18 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by iggy2013 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
but i have a couple questions. a lot of people say theyre uncomfortable. they dont look all that scratchy, but, from those who have had experience, is it that unbearable? and do they sit well on your ears? cuz they look just flat in design. and will they last for years to come? thankss!!!

Hi iggy2013. Grado SR60 is my very first headphone that sounds excellent for its price. When I first use it, I thought that it was really uncomfortable. Then I plan to buy a new one, a headphone that is comfortable. But I changed my mind, I will stick with the good sound Grado SR60. I believe that we have to adapt with the style of Grado-supraural type headphone. After a year of using this nice headphones, I was able to adapt to this headphone, and I would say that I find it already comfortable. Furthermore, its good sound will make you appreciate music better.

To sum it up, I highly recommend this headphone, Grado SR60/SR60i for you.
Also, I welcome you to the audiophile world!

Nov 28, 2009 at 1:33 PM Post #19 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by carledwards /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't find the 60 uncomfortable at all. In fact, I find them quite easy on the head/ears. I adjusted the headband by spreading it out a bit. Fits nice on my cabeza grande.

I got a big noggin too and I have no problems with the sr60is myself and I use them with bowl pads. With proper adjustment of the headband they really don't put any pressure on your actual ears, especially if you listen to them while stationary.

Nov 29, 2009 at 4:13 AM Post #20 of 23
alright, cool. ill definatley get these then. im just scared about how good these are going to sound. ive never spent more than $25. im just scared that ill feel im going to want the sr80s soon after, but i dont wanna spend the money. is there ANYTHING i can do to prevent this feeling?

Nov 29, 2009 at 4:22 AM Post #21 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by iggy2013 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
alright, cool. ill definatley get these then. im just scared about how good these are going to sound. ive never spent more than $25. im just scared that ill feel im going to want the sr80s soon after, but i dont wanna spend the money. is there ANYTHING i can do to prevent this feeling?

Thinking about saving the $$$ for a SR225, RS1, or even a GS1000.

It's not worth it to update only 1 headphone in the Grado line. You're going to have to spend more money to notice a real sonic difference. The SR60i will definitely surprise you (pleasantly). Enjoy them for a long time.

Don't worry. And also, don't even "window shop". It can lead to more buyings...

Something that's fun with Grados is to mod them. Wire mesh, woodying, etc. can keep your interest for a long time.
smile.gif

Hope this helps!

Nov 29, 2009 at 7:19 AM Post #22 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by iHelp /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Something that's fun with Grados is to mod them. Wire mesh, woodying, etc. can keep your interest for a long time.
smile.gif

Hope this helps!

This is true. Everyone seems to love tearing apart grados and tinkering with them. There really isn't much to their design that isn't accessible which is conducive to the modding process.

In the comfort department. I have no compliants about it. The "comfies" really are comfy and I can wear it for hours. Bowl pads were scratchy initially but became softer with wear.

If you have a big head, some people like to put their grados on a basketball for a day or two to stretch out the headband. Or if you wear it long enough it will eventually adapt.

Nov 29, 2009 at 9:05 AM Post #23 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by lauinbeta /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Or if you wear it long enough it will eventually adapt.

I agree. This what happened to me. In my everyday use of my SR60, the headphone adapt to my head, and then made it feel comfortable for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back