some people have all the luck!
Mar 8, 2005 at 3:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

jerb

Headphoneus Supremus
well we went snow boarding the otherday, it was fun. for the last run of the day we decided to go down one of the larger "wooded" trails. about half way down my friend hit a rock and went face first into the snow. we stopped and laughed but to our amazement he stood up with a ipod in hand. apparently his head landed right next to it! well its a 40 GB 4th generation ipod and it even had the ipod buds (not that their good but its always a bonus)

the ipod itself is in 7.5 out of 10 condition with a small dent on the back and small scratches covering the screen. it did not work when he found it though but we kept it anyway. on the ride home we put it infront of the carheater and about an hour later when we arrived home he picked it up and it turned on! it still didnt work and he was mad but i said let me see it and i did a quick reset on it, it now works perfectly! My guess it that the guy who owned it (poor soul) fell and it came out of his pocket and due to its white color it blended in on the dark trail... well, his loss
rolleyes.gif

Im a little jealous but im kinda happy to that my friend finally got an ipod!

Mar 8, 2005 at 3:22 AM Post #2 of 22
You fixed it, shouldn't you get a consolation prize? Maybe...some stock iPod ear buds?
tongue.gif

Mar 8, 2005 at 3:28 AM Post #3 of 22
*crosses fingers for someone to drop a Karma next time i go skiing*

Mar 8, 2005 at 3:37 AM Post #4 of 22
Lol i wish i could find a DAP everytime we go snowboarding :p

yeah, if he wasnt my buddy then i would have told him that it was unfixable and kept it for myself or charged a repair fee. but hes a bud so im not going to do anything mean like that, im just happy he can ditch the crappy flash based player he had befor
icon10.gif

Mar 8, 2005 at 4:18 AM Post #6 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by mightymouse
I guess thats a reasonable reward for hitting a rock and landing face first in the snow...

then from the spills i've had i should have a new car.

Mar 8, 2005 at 6:02 AM Post #8 of 22
sounds like the time i lost my cell on the slopes and found it on my third run back down the same trail.

i bailed around the exact same turn.

who would've thunk it? haha..

good find! i would have taken an ipod over my POS cellphone.

Mar 8, 2005 at 11:09 AM Post #10 of 22
Man, what a unlucky fellow. First went A over T, then found a ipod. They do say it comes in threes.

Quote:

it still didnt work and he was mad

Sounds like a a-hole to me...he found something that didn't belong to him, didn't hand it in and went red-faced because it didn't work??
rolleyes.gif

Mar 9, 2005 at 12:21 AM Post #12 of 22
There was a disscusion a while ago on misticriver about putting a text file in the player with your return address and a little note about a reward if found

i never did this but i think for the players that can support it it might be worth a shot

Mar 9, 2005 at 12:50 AM Post #13 of 22
Sounds like a french couple who was diving in Maldives on the boat we were a week before us. They badly wanted to buy an underwater camera because all the rest had and guess what, they found a canon camera in an underwater housing diving at 30m under the sea! Turned it on and it worked so they used it the rest of the trip.

Mar 9, 2005 at 1:09 AM Post #15 of 22
And some like me just don't... I got a brand new NW-HD1 off of ebay and right out of the manufacture sealed package there's a tiny little nick on the lower right hand corner of the player already. What!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back