Some Painfully-Learned Advice Relating to Carbonated Drinks
Jan 13, 2010 at 4:34 AM Post #16 of 56
The aluminium bottles come with an epoxy lining to prevent anything acidic (say, orange juice) from causing the metal to leach into the water.

I use a stainless steel bottle, no lining required!

Jan 13, 2010 at 5:07 AM Post #17 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I fill it with tapwater and take it with me.

I hope the water is at a minimum RO filtered? I am far from living a healthy lifestyle but ordinary tap water IMO leaves much to be desired. The taste and chemical content is sufficient to warrant a healthier alternative.

Jan 13, 2010 at 5:18 AM Post #18 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by vagarach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The aluminium bottles come with an epoxy lining to prevent anything acidic (say, orange juice) from causing the metal to leach into the water.

I use a stainless steel bottle, no lining required!

Doesn't need to be acidic. Aluminium on it's own will react with water to give you Aluminium Hydroxide.

Jan 13, 2010 at 5:28 AM Post #19 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrGreen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here's some advice. Don't drink the full strength stuff. Drink the stuff with carcinogenic artificial sweetners if you have to. It'll keep you far healthier in the long run.

I love my Coke Zero and Pepsi Max.
wink_face.gif

Jan 13, 2010 at 5:36 AM Post #20 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by MomijiTMO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love my Coke Zero and Pepsi Max.
wink_face.gif

You swing both ways? Wow.

Jan 13, 2010 at 7:27 AM Post #23 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrGreen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here's some advice. Don't drink the full strength stuff. Drink the stuff with carcinogenic artificial sweetners if you have to. It'll keep you far healthier in the long run.

Sugar and artificial sweeteners are both very destructive to your health and we know that all soda is bad for you, but it's not the sweetness that is the real problem with Coke; it's the acidity. Coca-Cola has a pH of 2.2 and you can dissolve 18-penny nails in it. 6.7 is neutral; see the book "Alkalize or Die" for more information than could be even remotely appropriate here.

There's a good reason the tanker trucks transporting the Coca-Cola concentrate are required to have the "Hazardous Corrosive Materials" warning sign on them
frown.gif

If you need a good engine cleaner or something to clean blood off of the highway, a two-liter bottle of Coke can work wonders, according to many beverage distributors and state police officers...

Jan 13, 2010 at 9:47 AM Post #27 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by grokit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sugar and artificial sweeteners are both very destructive to your health and we know that all soda is bad for you, but it's not the sweetness that is the real problem with Coke; it's the acidity. Coca-Cola has a pH of 2.2 and you can dissolve 18-penny nails in it. 6.7 is neutral; see the book "Alkalize or Die" for more information than could be even remotely appropriate here.

There's a good reason the tanker trucks transporting the Coca-Cola concentrate are required to have the "Hazardous Corrosive Materials" warning sign on them
frown.gif

If you need a good engine cleaner or something to clean blood off of the highway, a two-liter bottle of Coke can work wonders, according to many beverage distributors and state police officers...

I also heard that you can dip your IEMs in Coke to make them sound better.

Jan 13, 2010 at 9:52 AM Post #29 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by MomijiTMO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not sure about that one but I use beer. Works a charm, honestly.

The hops give the bass more punch and the barely adds texture to the mids.

Jan 13, 2010 at 12:14 PM Post #30 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Menisk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't drink them on a very empty stomach. Woke up this morning/afternoon at 1pm - it's holidays
biggrin.gif
- and decided I felt like some coke while I made my breakfast. One gulp and I was keeled over in pain and my stomach hasn't felt right all day.

Learn from my mistake. Eat something before you drink something carbonated.

For stomach pain: raw potato - seriously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back