Some Jamming Blues recommendations?
Nov 29, 2005 at 11:48 PM Post #16 of 22
John Mayall and the Blues Breakers w/Eric Clapton

Check this one out, you won't be disappointed.
orphsmile.gif

Nov 30, 2005 at 12:50 AM Post #17 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by IronLion
If you want to hear an up and coming (and great) band that plays some serious rocking/jamming blues check out North Mississippi Allstars. Their two albums, "Shake Hands With Shorty", and "51 Phantom" are really, really good. In addition, they have a live album that was recorded either last year or the year before at the Bonnaroo music festival, that album is called "Hill Country Revue"- it is, in a word, awesome. The recording quality isn't spectacular but the show rocks. They also apparently just came out with a new album that I haven't heard yet. In any case CHECK OUT THIS BAND- they rock.

Good pick, I discovered NMA about a year ago, when they came to town, and being a big fan of power blues, I went to the show and was blown away. The live shows are a lot better than the studio albums so go see them if you like the albums. The two studio albums and the live bonnaroo album that IronLion mentioned are very good, but the sonics do suck on the live cd which is a shame as the performance rocks. Stay away from the third studio effort as it is not good, but the new album Electric Blue Watermelon kicks. At first I was kind of lukewarm about it but it has grown on me a lot. Check them out.

Also check out
Gov't Mule (the first self titled album is the bluesest album)
Allman Brothers (70's/89-95/2003-current(check out Hittin' the Note the latest studio effort and if you like that get some of the instant live sets from the 2003 and 2004 tours.
Pat Travers put out a killer power blues album of covers a few years ago that was good

Users who are viewing this thread

Back