Some insight needed regarding AKG headphones
Sep 12, 2009 at 1:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Jorey

New Head-Fier
Hello all,

Great website you have here, it's helped me find some over ear cans to listen to on my iphone. However, i'm requiring some input from some users familiar with the AKG headphones.

I have narrowed my search down to the AKG-K240 MkII and the AKG-K271 MkII. I was listening to them straight out of the box and I noticed some differences between each of them. The K240's seem to have more low end to them and the K271's seem to have an airier top end. Out of the box, I am leaning towards the 240's since there is more low end. However, i'm wondering will the 271's produce an equal amount of bass once they are broken in?

Thanks,

Jorey

Sep 12, 2009 at 3:33 AM Post #3 of 3
Jorey, I am in a similar position, although I have a slight advantage in that I already own a pair of K601. As I mentioned in my thread, I auditioned the K240MKII straight from my portable player and I was very impressed. Even though I will be using them with an amp, it was great to hear them respond so well to a portable - these are the cans for me (I'll actually buy the K242HD, as they have velour pads instead of the vinyl on the MKII). Trust me, you dont normally get that sort of bass impact from open cans - I would steer clear of the K27* series and go with the MKII or the 242HD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back