Some info on Grado street stlye phones (No pics, Don't get excited)
Dec 5, 2005 at 12:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

hyamaiata

100+ Head-Fier
I sent an email to Grado Labs asking (About the new Grado street stlye phones) how much was going to be the price, about the sound quality, how would they compare to other street stlye phones, etc. This is what they answered:

The new Sport Street phone will be priced at $49.00, and we will introduce it in March.
That is all I can tell you at this point in time.
Thank you for your inquiry.

Regards,

Grado Labs

My conclusion is that that they are not going to be a great thing and better to get the SR60. Hope this helped if you thought they where going to be the street stlye headphones of the year.

Dec 5, 2005 at 12:54 AM Post #2 of 8
Quote:

Hope this helped if you thought they where going to be the street stlye headphones of the year.

The the "Street Style Headphones of the Year" catagory there is very little competition... All they need to do is clear the SportaPros, right?
rolleyes.gif

Dec 5, 2005 at 12:57 AM Post #3 of 8
My opinion on this subject is that if you are buying headphones for what they look like, don't buy headphones.

Go buy a necklace or something.

Or a hat.

I'd wear Grados around town, myself. People pay good money for retro, and that's fake-ass poser retro.

Buy something that's retro because it's looked like that since the dawn of time.

Dec 5, 2005 at 1:01 AM Post #4 of 8
IMHO they better not drop performance too far below the SR60... the KSC75 at less than $20 will be hard to beat.

Garrett

Dec 5, 2005 at 4:35 AM Post #7 of 8
I think its a great move by Grado to move into that niche after the popularity of their SR series. When wearing my SR125s around, I wished for a bit more portable phones than those ones. The quality was tops, but they didn't survive the bike wrecks very good.

Dec 5, 2005 at 4:51 AM Post #8 of 8
March? *looks at KSC-35* Man, I feel like writing a thank you letter to Creative!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back