Some Info on EMU Upcoming 1.81 Driver
Oct 4, 2005 at 8:27 PM Post #31 of 46
I will give it a try and see how it goes on my setup.
smily_headphones1.gif

-Alex-

Oct 5, 2005 at 3:05 AM Post #32 of 46
Does anyone have an Audigy2 and an Emu in the same system? I've never had problems getting them both to run fine on initial installation, but on upgrading the Emu drivers, I tend to lose functionality of the Emu card. Has anyone with this setup tried updating these drivers?

Oct 5, 2005 at 6:08 AM Post #35 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Distroyed
Does anyone have an Audigy2 and an Emu in the same system? I've never had problems getting them both to run fine on initial installation, but on upgrading the Emu drivers, I tend to lose functionality of the Emu card. Has anyone with this setup tried updating these drivers?

I run both. I have no problems. I use the latest Audigy2 ZS drivers and now the newest EMU drivers / software and have no problems at all.

-Alex-

Oct 5, 2005 at 9:28 PM Post #36 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by [AK]Zip
I run both. I have no problems. I use the latest Audigy2 ZS drivers and now the newest EMU drivers / software and have no problems at all.

-Alex-

Thanks Alex. I've got hacked Audigy4 drivers, but I think I may give it a shot anyway :b

Oct 8, 2005 at 9:40 PM Post #39 of 46
Can someone confirm that the new 1820m drivers works with multichannel WDM for common DVD software? For example, you can get 5.1 output in Windows Media Player, Windvd, powerdvd or the like?

Regards,
Dean

Oct 8, 2005 at 10:26 PM Post #40 of 46
- This software is incompatible with the Creative X-Fi family
of products. The X-Fi device must be removed from the system
before installing the HotFix.

hmm

Oct 8, 2005 at 11:42 PM Post #41 of 46
I just installed the 1.81 Emu update in my system with an Audigy 2 ZS. Towards the end of the driver update my computer rebooted itself. That's never a good sign, and problems may lie in wait only to expose themselves down the road, but for now the new drivers and patchmix seem to be working. The new features test out fine as well.

Will my card melt? Will applications break? Maybe, but I live life on the edge.

Oct 10, 2005 at 12:17 PM Post #42 of 46
Quote:

drivers works with multichannel WDM for common DVD software? For example, you can get 5.1 output in Windows Media Player, Windvd, powerdvd or the like?

Yep works fine here (1212m), but only on Media Player Classic.

Oct 10, 2005 at 12:26 PM Post #43 of 46
no problems so far...

(keeps fingers crossed)

Oct 11, 2005 at 12:50 PM Post #44 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Naga
- This software is incompatible with the Creative X-Fi family
of products. The X-Fi device must be removed from the system
before installing the HotFix.

hmm

lol, those idiots did it again?! How could they not have learned from their mistakes from the A2 line? How hard is it to change the filenames of their drivers???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back