Some help with computer speakers...
Jul 23, 2005 at 2:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Homeless

Headphoneus Supremus
I just got some logitech x230's for my computer, just so i could basically listen to music when I'm working, or surfing the net or whatever, anyway, i've never had speakers for the pc other than the ones that came with it, and i like these, the sub is decent, but there is a popping/clicking noise in the speakers...now im not sure if i should take them back to bestbuy and exchange them for new set, or if maybe it's a problem that will go away (possibly when they get a little more use) or if its due to my actual music that im playing. It doesnt seem to be a volume issue because i can have some songs with no noises, and then other ones with the noises while at the same volume. I find it happens on more complex songs like rock music, as opposed to more laid back music, like accoustic stuff...anyway, any help or input would be cool...cheers...

Jul 25, 2005 at 7:04 AM Post #2 of 4
there could be a couple things going on...

1)If you're using a soundblaster or some low end soundcard, turn the master volume in volume control down to 75%

2)If you're using poorly ripped or low bitrate mp3's, they could just have various artifacts in them...

Jul 26, 2005 at 2:21 AM Post #4 of 4
oh yeah, i forgot about this thread cause no one was responding, yeah, the noises went away...maybe the tweeters were really tight...? i dont know, but they're fine now...all my my music is at least 192, but the majority is 320...which i figured would be good enough...thanks though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back