Some help please?
Jan 18, 2009 at 6:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Mintz

Head-Fier
Hello,
I'm sure this happens a lot on these forums but I am looking for some advice for a pair a new pair of headphones for my ipod. I have recently been introduced to a high quality pair of headphones from a friend and had no idea how bad the one's I used were until I tried his on. I read through these forums and people here really know what they are talking about so I figured this was the best place for me to post for some assistance (I don't really trust people in stores trying to sell me headphones).

Basically I am looking for nice pair of headphones for my ipod and I primarily listen to hip-hop. I would be using the headphones from my commute from my apartment to work and back. I take the subway so I need something that passively blocks outside noise. I listen to music with my current headphones for about 3 hours a day, sometimes more, so they are a large part of my daily life. I am looking for something around $250.

I did have a few questions that people on here could probably answer. I was thinking of getting a larger pair of around-ear headphones but I have heard that these sometimes require more power then an ipod can generate to provide maximum quality. Is this true? This is why I am thinking about a pair of IEM. Based on the research I have done so far for IEM headphones the Ultimate Ear Super Fi 5 EB which seems like a good pair for me as someone who listen to primarily hip-hop. However, some reviews I have read say they provide too much bass. I am not a basshead and do not want the rest of the instrumentation of the music to be drowned out because the bass of the song, but I do love hard hitting bass beats in the hip-hop I listen to.

I also don't want to go with an IEM if it does not sound as good as a larger pair of headphones. If there are larger pairs of around-ear headphones that sound better on an ipod than an IEM then I might go with that. Some of these questions might sound stupid, but I don't really know a lot in this field. I just want the best pair I can get for my price range (about $250). Can anyone give me some advice if the UE super fi 5 EB sounds like a good pair for someone like myself or should I look elsewhere?

Thank you very much in advance!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back