Some help on the Etymotic ER-6is
Jul 25, 2005 at 5:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ILUVIPODS

100+ Head-Fier
I got the er-6is in the mail today, and tried them right away. I tried the tripple flange ones or whatever they are called, and found no bass really at all, evn with bass boost on my ipod. I couldn't get a very good fit I guess because there was little isolation.
But then I tried the foamies, and they sounded alot better, and isolated. But the thing is I want to use the flange, (or whatever their called), because they will last, unlike the foamies wich I will have to buy more.
I heard that you can cut off one of the flanges, and get better bass and isolation. Does anyone know about this?

Jul 25, 2005 at 5:21 PM Post #2 of 4
Yes, cut off the smallest flange.

Also
call Etymotic up directly and explain that you can't get a good fit, and ask them to send you the Large Two Flange tip. They will do so free of charge.

Jul 26, 2005 at 2:58 AM Post #3 of 4
Make sure you have them in correctly before you do anything else, it took me a little bit to get it right. The ER6i's don't have a lot of bass, but it is there, if you have a good seal.

Edit
By the way, now that you have a pair of IEM's you may start thinking about how the UE10's sound, I know I do (not that I have the money for it at the moment, or any money for that matter).

etysmile.gif
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back