Some help moving on from the 701's
Dec 7, 2008 at 7:31 PM Post #46 of 47
Find it on eBay or the F/S forums.

I currently have that entire setup and will be selling it in not too long once I finish recabling the SR-Lambda. If the recabling makes it considerably better so that it matches the CD1000, maybe hold on to just the Stax. I have a Tube/SS project that is going to cost me a pretty penny and for now I have decided to invest my money and time into my CD1000 system. I have found my headphone until I can get a top end electrostatic system. The modded and recabled CD1000 are close enough to the R10 that I feel no real compulsion to own them.

Once HeAudio has been in business a little longer and gets some more things together, I would likely get those and either DIY an electrostatic amp or simply buy a nice one.

illy2k, if you like the AKG k701... You will LOVE the SR-Lambda Normal Bias. It does everything that the k701 does, only better. Faster, deeper bass, more detailed, bigger soundstage, list goes on.

Dec 7, 2008 at 7:36 PM Post #47 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by -=Germania=- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Find it on eBay or the F/S forums.

I currently have that entire setup and will be selling it in not too long once I finish recabling the SR-Lambda. If the recabling makes it considerably better so that it matches the CD1000, maybe hold on to just the Stax. I have a Tube/SS project that is going to cost me a pretty penny and for now I have decided to invest my money and time into my CD1000 system. I have found my headphone until I can get a top end electrostatic system. The modded and recabled CD1000 are close enough to the R10 that I feel no real compulsion to own them.

Once HeAudio has been in business a little longer and gets some more things together, I would likely get those and either DIY an electrostatic amp or simply buy a nice one.

illy2k, if you like the AKG k701... You will LOVE the SR-Lambda Normal Bias. It does everything that the k701 does, only better. Faster, deeper bass, more detailed, bigger soundstage, list goes on.

Thanks Germania. For now I think I am sticking with my setup and maybe moving up to a better PS for both. I think my setup can accurately drive my cans. Stax might be my next move, or at least a potential move. Does the "normal bias" mean something special in "Stax language" or is it just the normal 404's like on yamasinc?

EDIT: I found the answer to the normal bias question on wikipedia, so nm. It says however that no models have been made with normal bias since 1992, all models since 1992 it says are the pro 5 pin. Is that true?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back