some help if possible
Dec 29, 2008 at 6:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

rockin_amigo14

Headphoneus Supremus
so my family is having a really odd thing going on with the internet. we all have a wireless network instead of plugging in. this morning it was working fine, but when we returned from my cousins this evening no one was able to connect.

we did the usual unplug, let it sit, plug it back in deal. no dice. i got to thinking (weird stuff) and i brought my laptop downstairs to where the router is. Lo and behold, it works, hence my ability to post this thread. however, no one is able to get a wireless signal.

anyone have any idea? it's a netgear modem, model cg814wg, ISP is comcast. like i said, wired connections are no problem, but wireless is nothing.

Dec 29, 2008 at 9:43 AM Post #2 of 5
Settings gone bad maybe?
Perhaps its time to reset the WLAN router, and start fresh? Hmmm

Dec 29, 2008 at 1:27 PM Post #3 of 5
Another test you could do, apart from the reset too, is try to go to the admin page of the router via wireless.
If you have reseted it and you can't go into it from different computers, then router is ill.
If you can, then it's just a configuration problem, as happens in different computers and your ISP is serving you signal, because you access via wire.

Dec 29, 2008 at 3:22 PM Post #4 of 5
Well first I think you should try a hard reset, Just put a small pin or paper clip in the hole in the back that says reset for 10 seconeds than let it boot once booted your router name is porbably going to change. And your password will be gone but at this point tha doesn't matter much. after that try and see if you can find the signal. If that dosen't work hook up your computer to your router again through enthernet and then open up your web browser and type 192.168.1.1 at this point its going to ask you for a username and password leave user name blank and in password type admin. Now go to the wireless section and see if its enabled. If you are not getting a signal still, while you were out your power might have got turned off some how and shorted your router.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back