Some Grado related questions...
Jan 5, 2009 at 8:16 PM Post #16 of 23
I promise you you will be quite happy with SR80's and an iPod. I ran my iPod Classic with just SR80's and loved it. I got curious and had the funds so I tried a portable amp and loved that too...I still listen to my SR80's 95% of the time with my portable setup.
If you're going to load your own CD's I would recommend you use ALAC or equvalent.

Jan 5, 2009 at 8:33 PM Post #17 of 23
good choice.
you can use the senn cable, works like a charm. Grado also offers similar cables. I used a 'normal' adapter first and twisted it right through my ipod screen... don't do it.

Jan 5, 2009 at 8:39 PM Post #18 of 23
OK that saved me a head ache of importing an official Grado adapter!

Just so I'm 100% clear, The SR225's will sound good from an iPod But even better and with more bass when I use a decent amp?

If so then thats the perfect headphone for what I'm looking for!
biggrin.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 5, 2009 at 8:51 PM Post #19 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sutton /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I could get the SR225's sent from Headroom to the UK for roughly £165 including shipping. They are a well respected retailer I think as well?

I'm pretty sure Headroom won't ship grado's to the UK, Grado are funny about there distribution network. This is from there website :-

To Customers outside of the USA:
This dealer has restricted international shipments. Unfortunately, we are not allowed to ship this product anywhere outside of the United States. We apologize for the inconvenience; please visit the dealer's website to find a distributor in your area.

Jan 5, 2009 at 8:51 PM Post #20 of 23
Quote:

Just so I'm 100% clear, The SR225's will sound good from an iPod But even better and with more bass when I use a decent amp?

biggrin.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Grados always have bass punch, the extension gets better with an amp, mostly.

You'll not regret it, I don't think.

Jan 5, 2009 at 8:52 PM Post #21 of 23
Quote:

biggrin.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Yepp. you are right. They are amazing. I use them for every music genre and i love it. Its so fun going threw cd and think "wonder how this album sounds on my grados" and every time WOOOOW. Listened to some Simon & Garfunkel and some Cat Stevens and i was amazed. Almost cried a bit
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 5, 2009 at 9:31 PM Post #22 of 23
I had the same doubt as the guys from ^ and I went for the sr225 (for me it was a great deal as my father payed 50% of the price and I finished buying the sr225 as if it were a sr80
biggrin.gif
)

It is a no-brainer. Think about the future. If you don't have an amp, you will get one, if you have it will sound amazing. (I tried one amp at the Hi-fi shop and the sound was more amazing than from my current Cowon D2, edit that handles it quite well.. Plus I use an adaptor to hook it to my PMP but I will leave it just for home usage.

Jan 5, 2009 at 9:57 PM Post #23 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Deiz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The bass isn't there without a proper amplifier. That's where the high current capability of a good amplifier comes in.

I disagree completely with this statement. Maybe my ears need a little spoiling but the bass is most definetely there out of my iPod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back