Some companies can be quite....Annoying...when it comes to replacing product
Jun 24, 2007 at 10:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

kin0kin

Headphoneus Supremus
So I got a lemon from one of the goods I ordered on ebay - legit seller (carman foto source) and I asked for a replacement. I had it returned ASAP after receiving the RA# and I mentioned that I need the replacement quickly as I have an assignment and I need to use it. After they received it for 2-3 days, I asked for the status and they told me they verified that it's defective and a replacement will eb shipped ASAP but they are out of stock on them. A quick check on ebay shows that there are 3 brand new units listed and ready to go, no idea how many more are with them.
rolleyes.gif

I have a question for those who work as lost prevention officer/CSR....what's the point of dragging a replacement besides trying to secure more sales with units on hand? I noticed that you really gotta "push" these people to get things done properly...I wonder where's after sales service heading for businesses nowadays.

Jun 25, 2007 at 11:04 PM Post #2 of 7
Service is going downhill. It is easier to be lackadaisical over the internet. While there probably isn't ever any malice, they have your money so what is the hurry.

Maybe they are truly are out of stock. They can't give you the ones on eBay because if they sell then they will short someone else.

Jun 27, 2007 at 8:10 PM Post #4 of 7
The listing for the item ended 1-2 days ago with no sale, the same listing has been relisted and they still haven't shipped my replacement. A little check on their feedback shows that they quite often sell item that is not in stock and claim that backorder is unexpected. I'm wondering if I should just order another one and do a charge back on the item I received or just sit quietly and wait.

Jun 27, 2007 at 8:12 PM Post #5 of 7
Have you called them on this? Frankly its really awful business. Can't you demand a refund and get this from another supplier?

Jun 27, 2007 at 8:55 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by kin0kin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm wondering if I should just order another one and do a charge back on the item I received or just sit quietly and wait.

This gets my vote. Politely will get you places in the world of customer service, but quietly will not. A seller wants to be paid right away and a buyer wants to receive the goods right away. That's only fair, right? Well, apparently there's a gap in this seller's policy, because now you're waiting an extended period of time for goods you paid to receive right away. For whatever reason you aren't being treated like a new customer who wants to trade cash for goods; you're being treated like a customer who gets to go wait in the customer service line while the seller helps some new customers with new cash. The seller should have immediately moved you to the front of the line. Charge back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back