some audio question
Dec 10, 2006 at 6:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

skinnie

Head-Fier
Hi ppl,I have some audio question,as I am a "noob" in audio things lol
Doubt nr1
A friend of mine told me when I bought my fortissimo 3,well you are wasting your monye,because all you ear is mp3 @128/192kbps you won't notice anything..lol..I noticed but in what point does the mp3 quality becames a impedance for better quality?
I don't know if you can understand me (my english is not very good lol),but for example if I buy a z5500 speaker set I won't notice big quality improvements over a X-530 speaker set because I only listen to mp3? lol
He says only if you listen to original cds you will notice the difference..is that true?

doubt nr2
about cmoys (plural of cmoy lol),are they only for headphones?no thing like that for speakers?with the hd201+fortissimo 3 is it worth doing/buying a cmoy?will I notice a big difference?

doubt nr3
with a cmoy can I "mod" the hd201 to digital?lol I am asking this because I never listened to digital speakers,and since digital speakers are expensive,I thought I could "mod" the headphones to digital lol..

well I thing that's all..thanks guys

Dec 10, 2006 at 7:18 PM Post #2 of 3
Well if your mp3 is low quallity it won't sound much better on a high end system. With higher bitrate and lossless I think you will notice improvements with higher end speakers and headphones.To be honest I can't hear the difference between 192kbps mp3 and lossless.

I don't think you will notice much of a difference if you use an amp with the sennheiser hd201. Atleast I didn't with the hd202. If you use higher end power hungry headphones the difference will get bigger.

You can't make a headphone digital. Dital speakers is just a marketing term I think, since moving a coil is an analog thing. You need to move air to hear sound, but this cannot be done digitally
biggrin.gif
Maybe someone else can enlighten me on the digital speaker thing.

Dec 10, 2006 at 7:59 PM Post #3 of 3
other thing,If I buy an "external" LP Player is there a way of having sound plugin it to the soundcard via line in?or do I need anything?apart from cable modding lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back