Some advice please
Sep 30, 2003 at 10:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

zool

500+ Head-Fier
I'm looking into getting a new compact disc source. I've heard Arcam CD62 very briefly and it seemed to be very good at the time.. Although I think this unit is a bit expensive and not really within my budget.

How does CD62 compare to lower priced units like Cambridge D500? Are there any better units then the D500 within the same price range?

btw, I've read some good things here about Rega Planet, but it's about the same price as CD62.. So that unit would also be a bit too expensive for me
frown.gif

Oct 1, 2003 at 1:00 AM Post #2 of 5
zool,

IMO - just dont buy yet right now and save up to get to the next level .
the higher price range you go - the better the players would be - in the long run - you wont have to do several upgrades.

Oct 1, 2003 at 4:19 AM Post #3 of 5
I agree with screwdriver. Be patient and save your money to buy a better source. You will thank yourself. In the meanwhile, look around and try out all the different players and get a good sense of what you like.
600smile.gif

Oct 1, 2003 at 6:03 AM Post #4 of 5
I just bought the NAD 541i, should be here soon. I hope I dont have to upgrade it too quickly :/

Brian

Oct 1, 2003 at 2:09 PM Post #5 of 5
I found an ad on a used Arcam diva cd72t at amazing price and it still has 1 month left on the warranty. It's almost half of what it costs new, still allot of money but affordable if I cut down on other costs (such as food
wink.gif
).

screwdriver.. Won't the first next level players always be very over priced?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back