Solved
Feb 15, 2014 at 3:09 PM Post #3 of 16
I don't have an amp, but I use a Creative SB Audigy2 ZS Plat. sound card. Are there any cheap amps you could recommend? I've never used one before so I don't know what I'm really looking for.

Feb 15, 2014 at 6:05 PM Post #6 of 16
So do the UE6000's have good mid/highs with good bass? Do they fit most of my preferences?

Edit: Most of the reviews on here are saying they have mediocre upper mids/highs and hissing.

Feb 15, 2014 at 7:08 PM Post #9 of 16
NVXes should be pretty damn good for their price. Having fairly neutral sound signature (I have HM5, but sonically they should be the same) they don't have outstanding bass (not lacking, just balanced) straight out of the box, but they respond to equalization well.

Feb 15, 2014 at 8:10 PM Post #10 of 16
  So do the UE6000's have good mid/highs with good bass? Do they fit most of my preferences?

Edit: Most of the reviews on here are saying they have mediocre upper mids/highs and hissing.

Read about them here:

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/surprisingly-good-logitec-ue6000-and-ue9000

They are currently at close out prices--while they last.

Feb 15, 2014 at 8:58 PM Post #14 of 16
Whoever told you the NVXs weren't for extended use is wrong, because they're by far the most comfortable cans on your list. Their sound signature is not meant for your genre of music though. I recommend Sennheiser HD518 or the Sennheiser HD280 Pro. The 518s are semi-open so they leak a bit of sound. They sound great and have been on sale recently for as low as $65. Go for the 280s if you need closed headphones but the 518s are generally better for home use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back