Solved!
Aug 28, 2007 at 2:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Digitalbath3737

500+ Head-Fier
"Let us be thankful our scars have the power to remind us that the past was real"

I plan on getting this quote tattooed on my body and I'd like know who said this. I came across it a few years ago and it has been a large influence on my life. I'd even go as far as saying this quote saved my life. My body is badly scarred and those scars are the only things that remain from a very dark period in my life. Just when I was about to go through surgery to get them removed I came across this quote and decided not to go through with it. Every time I was about to slip back into my old ways I looked at my scars and was reminded that there are grave consequences to my actions.

So any help would be greatly appreciated. I wouldn't feel right putting this quote on my body without being able to give proper credit to it's author.

Aug 28, 2007 at 2:44 PM Post #3 of 7
That would be Hannibal Lecter.

"Never forget who gave you the best of them, and be grateful, our scars have the power to remind us that the past was real."

Aug 28, 2007 at 2:56 PM Post #4 of 7
Wow Hannibal Lector! That's insane. I've never even seen one of those movies. Cannibals scare the crap out of me.

I actually like the quote in it's entirety. Fit's even better now. Thanks philodox! Now I can go get my tattoo. LOL Hannibal Lector, I'm never going to be able to get over that.

Aug 28, 2007 at 3:03 PM Post #5 of 7
Where did you hear the quote in the first place? It is cool, but it will be interesting explaining it to others. Just say some genius said it and leave out the psychopath part.
biggrin.gif

Aug 28, 2007 at 6:01 PM Post #6 of 7
I just did some checking of my own, and it seems this quote is written in "All the Pretty Horses" by Cormac McCarthy, which precedes Red Dragon.
The exact phrasing is different, though: "Scars have the strange power to remind us that our past is real."

Aug 28, 2007 at 6:10 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where did you hear the quote in the first place? It is cool, but it will be interesting explaining it to others. Just say some genius said it and leave out the psychopath part.
biggrin.gif

I saw it somewhere online. Not sure where though and it never told who the author was. I had the hardest time finding the quote again, since I didn't have the whole saying. I'll be sure not to tell anyone I have a quote from a psychopath tattooed on my body, people think I'm strange enough as it it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back