solved: why do people need so many headphones?
Jun 22, 2014 at 1:59 PM Post #16 of 24
  i just gotta know why you guys need more then one pair
bigsmile_face.gif

we dont.

thankfully we are fortunate enough that we can think of wants, not just needs.

Jun 22, 2014 at 4:19 PM Post #18 of 24
Some people have multiple headphones and as important multiple headphone amps. Electrostatic hps can only be powered by electrostatic amps due to their high voltage requirement. By trial and error, some headphones sound best with certain headphone amps. So headfiers with multiple headphones tend to have multiple headhone amps as well.

Jun 20, 2020 at 10:17 PM Post #22 of 24
There is a psychology that men like to collect things. Of course, not all men, but if you look at male celebrities for example.....many of them can afford to collect things.

Take for example James Hetfield, lead singer from Metallica. He has a collection of vintage cars. Many men like to collect things. And it can be fun.

Jun 21, 2020 at 11:46 AM Post #23 of 24
There is a psychology that men like to collect things. Of course, not all men, but if you look at male celebrities for example.....many of them can afford to collect things.

Take for example James Hetfield, lead singer from Metallica. He has a collection of vintage cars. Many men like to collect things. And it can be fun.
There is also minimalism, and there are poeple who prefers simplicity.

I think it's reasonable to not have so much stuff since you'd have to take care of certain stuff, and also there are too many things that can occupy our time that more stuff there are, less stuff would be used for the time one has.

It just makes sense to have a few necessary useful stuff that are actually used IMO.

Like owning one or two headphones you'd actually listen to within the limited time you have for headphone listening.

Personally, I cherish simplicity. Things are too complex these days with too many choices that wastes our time. Too many choices causes us to appreciate simplicity.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2020 at 3:01 PM Post #24 of 24
Yes, minimalism and simplicity is great. I own more than one headphone but I could easily be happy with just one Sennheiser HD600 even though it’s not the best headphone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back