[Solved] Mixing two stereo sources into one pair of headphones
Jul 14, 2014 at 5:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

cyclops9922

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone. I really want to start listening to music while I play video games but the Xbox One isn't very accommodating in that regard and I don't like the multitasking interface anyway (another thread for another forum).

Ideally I'm looking for a way to mix two 1/8" or 1/4" sources into a single headphone jack. The two sources would be:

• the headphone out on my AV receiver
  • the headphone out on a small headphone amp like a Fiio E07K

Both have their own volume control obviously. I'd like to control the volume from the source and just keep the mixing solution flat.

I'm not really concerned about the audio quality at the end of the chain. My first thought was a two channel DJ mixer, but that would involve a lot of cable converting and redundant volume controls which I would like to avoid. Also, all the headphones mixers I've seen are mono.

Can anyone point me in the right direction or at the very least point me to the right forum to post this question in?

Thank you for any help.

Jul 14, 2014 at 8:20 AM Post #2 of 4
Hi cyclops. Have you looked at the Astro Mixamp Pro? It's designed to allow gamers to mix game audio with mic/chat audio. No reason you can't mix game and music.

Jul 14, 2014 at 8:35 AM Post #3 of 4
... ... ...

Don't tell me the answer was right under my nose the whole time!

Can it really mix different sources? I always thought that the Mixamp was just an all in one chat solution with a clever name.

Jul 14, 2014 at 8:44 AM Post #4 of 4
Yep just looked at the manual and it even has separate inputs for chat and music.

THANK YOU GRUMPETY

The mixamp does exactly what I was looking for just in a completely different, more simple way.

*question answered, marked thread as solved*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back