[SOLVED] HOW would I go about hooking up my PS5 to my external DAC?
Jan 24, 2022 at 1:51 PM Post #16 of 17
Unless your JDS Labs Atom has USC1 support then yes, you would have to get that mini DAC converter and use it as a passthrough device with a coaxial connection to your JDS Labs Atom DAC.
Thanks, had to troubleshoot my it wasn't working since ps5 wouldn't detect the DAC. Then I thought it might just be the usb cable, it did light up but wouldn't get detected, so I eventually tried it on PC and it wouldn't detect either. Swapped it out for the cable my jds labs atom dac+ was using and it detected it on PC so I tried it on ps5 and it worked too, now to order another cable and play the waiting game XD

Jan 24, 2022 at 2:04 PM Post #17 of 17
Thanks, had to troubleshoot my it wasn't working since ps5 wouldn't detect the DAC. Then I thought it might just be the usb cable, it did light up but wouldn't get detected, so I eventually tried it on PC and it wouldn't detect either. Swapped it out for the cable my jds labs atom dac+ was using and it detected it on PC so I tried it on ps5 and it worked too, now to order another cable and play the waiting game XD

Try the Last of Us Part II with 3D sound on for PS5, you will have a panic attack :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back