[SOLVED]Decent headphone stand in europe, for Susvara...DIY thread
Sep 16, 2022 at 9:37 AM Post #16 of 18
Sep 27, 2022 at 7:16 AM Post #17 of 18
In the area where your Susvara is kept is there any smoking, any chance of cooking fumes from inside or outside? Is it breezy?

Unless your answers are a definitive no, I wouldn't keep them out - except when listening and for company.

What to do? Airtight (not using its box due to excess wear/ resale) storage. Why? The magnets are super strong and that charge draws particles. The protective cloth on both sides might help with macro sized particles but is useless against the vast majority of what it would face in a typical environment.

It's not an immediate or notable change over the period of a week or month, but is additive and to my knowledge irreversible. I learned this from experience with a number of Mylar speakers (estats and magneostats). I had to have 2 speakers shipped back for replacement of the mylar. I'm not sure how HFM would handle this if it became obvious (ML get these little gray circles in the shape of the stator holes on the mylar) backing you up on this.
Well I finished the headphone cabinet and its cool, but I noticed the wood fume was intense in the cabinet. I put some vinegar in for days and the fume is almost gone...

meanwhile I thought of this:
https://www.ltt-versand.de/licht/cases-racks-und-taschen/cases/16926/dap-audio-daily-case-7

Susvara dimensions fits. I am going to saw a hole in the bottom so I dont need to take out the headphone cable while it is plugged in my headamp. It will be airtight. This was a better idea than the cabinet :)

Sep 28, 2022 at 8:03 AM Post #18 of 18
The apple cider vinegar is soo strong it actually "peels/oxydates" the nickel plating on the hinges. WOW!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back