[SOLVED]Decent headphone stand in europe, for Susvara...DIY thread
Aug 22, 2022 at 11:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

OCC7N

Headphoneus Supremus
I didn´t know this was going to be a challange but I have not seen a decent headphone stand for Susvara yet.

The Woo Audios seems hard to find in EU.

Not that the Woos are the most beautiful but i think it is the best for Susvara headband(metal).

I have seen the ROOMs, not interested in them.

Is it possible to find something like Woo Audio(Europe, not UK)?
This version -> https://wooaudio.com/accessories/hps

(Damn! headphone stands are ugly, in genereal)

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2022 at 8:35 AM Post #2 of 18
In the area where your Susvara is kept is there any smoking, any chance of cooking fumes from inside or outside? Is it breezy?

Unless your answers are a definitive no, I wouldn't keep them out - except when listening and for company.

What to do? Airtight (not using its box due to excess wear/ resale) storage. Why? The magnets are super strong and that charge draws particles. The protective cloth on both sides might help with macro sized particles but is useless against the vast majority of what it would face in a typical environment.

It's not an immediate or notable change over the period of a week or month, but is additive and to my knowledge irreversible. I learned this from experience with a number of Mylar speakers (estats and magneostats). I had to have 2 speakers shipped back for replacement of the mylar. I'm not sure how HFM would handle this if it became obvious (ML get these little gray circles in the shape of the stator holes on the mylar) backing you up on this.

Sep 8, 2022 at 10:06 AM Post #3 of 18
In the area where your Susvara is kept is there any smoking, any chance of cooking fumes from inside or outside? Is it breezy?

Unless your answers are a definitive no, I wouldn't keep them out - except when listening and for company.

What to do? Airtight (not using its box due to excess wear/ resale) storage. Why? The magnets are super strong and that charge draws particles. The protective cloth on both sides might help with macro sized particles but is useless against the vast majority of what it would face in a typical environment.

It's not an immediate or notable change over the period of a week or month, but is additive and to my knowledge irreversible. I learned this from experience with a number of Mylar speakers (estats and magneostats). I had to have 2 speakers shipped back for replacement of the mylar. I'm not sure how HFM would handle this if it became obvious (ML get these little gray circles in the shape of the stator holes on the mylar) backing you up on this.
You are right, Susvara is in its box but my Arya is out and smelling all the fumes from my kitchen 2 meters away. For some reason the music sounds creamy, I ate ice cream yester day😂🙌

Jokes aside I have always been thinking about this issue, I am not alone.

But my plan is to make a cover for the Susvara.

I dont want to be plugging in/out the connectors on the ear cup all the time.

Sep 8, 2022 at 2:40 PM Post #4 of 18
You are right, Susvara is in its box but my Arya is out and smelling all the fumes from my kitchen 2 meters away. For some reason the music sounds creamy, I ate ice cream yester day😂🙌

Jokes aside I have always been thinking about this issue, I am not alone.

But my plan is to make a cover for the Susvara.

I dont want to be plugging in/out the connectors on the ear cup all the time.
When I know I'm going with the same can for a week or so - I keep them plugged in, and use a zip lock bag - 1 gallon and zip it tight except for the cables. Looks crappy but does the job.

Also putting them on some head shape just compresses the pads.

Message to all (not just you). Drop the ego and aesthetics and protect those cans.

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2022 at 3:06 PM Post #5 of 18
When I know I'm going with the same can for a week or so - I keep them plugged in, and use a zip lock bag - 1 gallon and zip it tight except for the cables. Looks crappy but does the job.

Message to all (not just you). Drop the ego and aesthetics and protect those cans.
You know what, I am going to make my own airtight headphone closet. Thanks for inspiration!

Sep 8, 2022 at 3:20 PM Post #6 of 18
You know what, I am going to make my own airtight headphone closet. Thanks for inspiration!
Nice. I bought two of my planar cans used. Not sure what they went through before but no more damage now - or very little.

I just remembered that tone arm gimbles get fouled with air borne nasties too.

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2022 at 10:37 AM Post #7 of 18
Last edited:
Sep 9, 2022 at 2:19 PM Post #8 of 18
I can fit three easily.

Attachments

• 0676F30F-60F1-4C0E-9558-92F9683C4C99.jpeg
    0676F30F-60F1-4C0E-9558-92F9683C4C99.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
Sep 10, 2022 at 6:34 AM Post #9 of 18

Do you have an example of the zipbag you use?

Sep 10, 2022 at 7:13 AM Post #10 of 18
Last edited:
Sep 10, 2022 at 7:34 AM Post #11 of 18
Sep 10, 2022 at 8:12 AM Post #12 of 18
Do you have an example of the zipbag you use?
A knock off 1 gallon freezer zip lock. I keep the wires on, and run them along an edge.

These days it's easier to just put them in my closable plastic bin that fits 3 cans plus wires then slide it right under my equipment rack.

Sep 10, 2022 at 8:50 AM Post #13 of 18
A knock off 1 gallon freezer zip lock. I keep the wires on, and run them along an edge.

These days it's easier to just put them in my closable plastic bin that fits 3 cans plus wires then slide it right under my equipment rack.
I dont think that is good. Its possible that will create condensation, wouldnt it?

Sep 10, 2022 at 12:54 PM Post #14 of 18
I dont think that is good. Its possible that will create condensation, wouldnt it?
What? If the can is at 35 F and the room 75 F sure. BTW the Ziploc cannot be totally closed with the cables sticking out....

Sep 12, 2022 at 4:36 PM Post #15 of 18

Users who are viewing this thread

Back