SOLVED - Best place to order genuine ear pads HD600 Hd580 HD65 ?
Sep 22, 2021 at 3:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

BusyBoxSt7

New Head-Fier
The title says it all, looking for the best / cheapest place to get the stock Sennheiser ear pads.

OH, I'm in the USA, though will order from wherever if it makes more sense.

Sep 23, 2021 at 7:30 AM Post #8 of 14
The title says it all, looking for the best / cheapest place to get the stock Sennheiser ear pads.

OH, I'm in the USA, though will order from wherever if it makes more sense.

Do you want genuine or do you want the cheapest?

Because the last time I ordered Sennheiser earpads they cost $65. I've been using Brainwavz HM5 earpads since. They've since come out with an adapter so no need to gut your old Sennheiser pads and then cutting a bit off the stretch fabric on the Brainwavz pads, they'll just fit right on.

Sep 23, 2021 at 9:04 AM Post #10 of 14
I think I recall reading that the Brainwavz change the HD 650 for the worse? Maybe I’m misremembering.

I have the angled velours for my HD600 and the bass on initial listen seems weaker, but it's tighter, vs worn out Sennheiser pads. So it might be in the same ballpark as stock pads on that.

I have the version of the driver with a short 3500hz peak and the Brainwavz doesn't make me want to cut the old thicker foam cover to put it back on and absorb some of the treble. The added distance probably takes a bit of the bite out of that peak, enough for cymbals to not sound like they're right next to my ears.

Speaking of which...the imaging also improved. It's still nowhere near a K701, but the cymbals are farther out and towards the center of the image vs stock pads (which are also symmetrical, so I wouldn't assume the symmetrical Brainwavz pads would have this effect).

Still looking out for the hybrids from local dealers and anyone on the local shopping sites (they have their own logistics system that makes shipping cheaper) but so far no luck. If these pads fall apart (I had to cut the grip fabric a bit to fit on the stock Sennheiser clips) before I find them I'll probably just order direct from Brainwavz. They're on PayPal anyway so at least that's even more secure than shopping sites' payment systems save for Amazon's.

Sep 24, 2021 at 3:10 AM Post #11 of 14
yeah, looking to stay stock on them. I really dig the 580s as is and just not interested in going down the rabbit trail of comparing various options of 3rd parties right now (time is money sort of thing and I already spend too much on diminishing returns).

Sep 24, 2021 at 4:19 AM Post #12 of 14
yeah, looking to stay stock on them. I really dig the 580s as is and just not interested in going down the rabbit trail of comparing various options of 3rd parties right now (time is money sort of thing and I already spend too much on diminishing returns).

The thing is there's no diminishing returns on Brainwavz since they're cheaper, either you gut really worn out OEM pads or just cough up another $20 at the start.

If you want almost zero risk of changing the sound vs brand new OEM pads they have the flat symmetrical pads too.

Sep 24, 2021 at 6:44 AM Post #13 of 14
I meant diminishing returns in terms of obsessing over details to get things to sound a few % better or to save a few bucks. It’s easier to just buy the Senn ones and save time thinking about tiger options (unless they’re wearing out super frequently).

Sep 24, 2021 at 9:37 AM Post #14 of 14
I meant diminishing returns in terms of obsessing over details to get things to sound a few % better or to save a few bucks. It’s easier to just buy the Senn ones and save time thinking about tiger options (unless they’re wearing out super frequently).

The Brainwavz pads so far are more durable. Haven't switched out the ones I've been using since around 2016. Unlike the Sennheiser earpads I got in 2012 that wore out by 2015. The clamp on the HD600 was also adjusted way back in 2011 so the clamp force isn't that big a variable, although technically since the Brainwavz I got were the thicker, angled pads and I did not loosen them any farther, it was dealing with more effective clamping force than the Sennheiser pads.

In any case if you're getting Sennheiser pads they're on Amazon for $50. That's lower than what I paid for them from Sennheiser USA a decade ago.
https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Repl...&keywords=hd600+earpads&qid=1632490719&sr=8-3

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back