Solution to distortion problem: water!
Mar 16, 2018 at 1:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

funch

Headphoneus Supremus
As I get older (just turned 67), weird things start happening, like hair growing in inconvenient places, losing some high frequency hearing, forgetting why I went from one room to another, or what I did yesterday, looking for my glasses whilst wearing them, yadda yadda.

For quite a while now, I have been suffering a distortion, mostly in my right ear when listening to music. Sometimes it was there (mostly actually), but sometimes the music sounded very clear. Maddening, to the point of considering
leaving the hobby. Bummer!

Long story short, it seems that the distortion is a result of me being dehydrated to some extent. If I'm properly
hydrated, the music is clear and dynamic. If I'm dehydrated, the music is, um, not so much.

Now, you would think that someone who grew up in Arizona would have the sense to stay hydrated. Nope.
Not me. Not enough brain cells left to keep up with that task. Lost most of those from too many 115 degree summers.

Needless to say, I'll be paying much more attention on keeping my water glass nearby and full from here on out.
I'm actually quite relieved that the solution is this easy.

Mar 18, 2018 at 11:43 PM Post #4 of 4
Personal health is the ultimate tweek as far as audio goes. Think of what was just expressed about booze. The reason it works as it raises a person’s natural feeling of well being.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back