Solid State Relay
Apr 7, 2010 at 5:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Iniamyen

100+ Head-Fier
I am going to be using a solid state relay with an e24 for my Buffalo II build. I was very pleased with the reference Crydom unit that I used in my Beta 24 build, so I looked at the other units they have and found this:

D1202 Crydom Solid State Relays

It's 2.5A instead of 40A, which will be plenty for the stuff that I'm putting in my Buffalo build. I really like the fact that it's silent, but I'm still wondering if this is an appropriate choice for such a build. Has anyone used this or any other solid state relay for a DAC build before? What do you recommend?

One of the things I noticed is that the minimum load current is 40mA. Is this actually delivered by the relay or just consumed by it? Because a power amplifier may respond differently than a DAC to leakage current coming through it (if this is how it works, I'm not sure.)

Apr 7, 2010 at 5:34 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by aloksatoor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
other than the fact its 10 bucks less is there any advantage to this over the reference one?

The other one was a reference part for the beta 24. The build that I'm choosing for is a Buffalo II DAC. So I have no need for a 40A relay, since the DAC won't use even 1A in normal operation.

Apr 7, 2010 at 6:30 PM Post #4 of 7
SSRs need some load current to function, and the higher the rating, the more current it'd need. So if your application is for a low-current circuit, then don't go overkill.

Apr 7, 2010 at 7:35 PM Post #5 of 7

Users who are viewing this thread

Back