Solid State Drive In ipod 4th Gen/Color/Photo?
Jul 17, 2010 at 11:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

neosoul

Formerly known as marvelousmarvyd
I am  currently working on a project of possibly putting a ssd inside of a Ipod color that I've recently acquired. I'm looking at the drive in the link and it says that the drive is 50 pin and it will fit the 4g color/photo. Has anyone else looked into this upgrade? If so is this a direct swap or is an adapter required. Trying to make sure before I possibly drop $350. Please see link which is just a reference since this drive can be had at a much cheaper price from other vendors

http://www.memoryc.ie/products/description/128GB_KingSpec_1_8-IDE_CF_50_pin_SSD_Solid_State_Disk-MLC_/index.html

Jul 17, 2010 at 3:23 PM Post #3 of 6
I've reread that thread that I've even posted in, still after going through it I did not see a post that addresses the 4th gen Ipod color/photo. The pin structure on the photo is different than the 5th gen video this is why I'm trying to find out if the 50 pin king spec card is a direct plug in or will I need an adapter. I've done quite a bit of reading on the internet but have not found anything conclusive. So if anyone has a 4th gen with maybe one of rhe lesser cards than the 128gb card please kindly post as to whether or not it was a direct plug in or it required an adapter. Now if I missed something in reading the old threadf that I was linked to please forgive me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back