Solid Headphone around $300
Aug 22, 2013 at 2:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

GossipGoat

New Head-Fier
Hey guys

So im new into this headphone part of life and only decided to buy some because i was down at the shops and was testing the demo headphones and noticed how brilliant music sounded through them compared to my apple earbuds....

So far im considering

The Beyerdynamic Custom one pro 
Sennheiser Momentum (A bit pricey though)

Just looking for a headphones that have the best sound quality for the price
Other recommendations are welcome

Also I found a pair of Sennheiser amperior for $250 that are on sale? Good?

Some music i listen to are

Drum and Bass
All kinds of rock
Hip Hop
Electornica
Heavy metal
Orchestreal

So pretty much all kinds

Aug 22, 2013 at 4:31 AM Post #2 of 9
Hello!

You may look into;
Grado headphones for your rock musics

UE6000 for your hip hop, rap, house music also some pops and some other headphone which require a lil boost on the bass section

In case you wanted only 1 pair, the Momentum will do if you can find it in your price range. It's a very solid choice can do everything but classical xD

Or else, the PSB M4U1 if you are no basshead

Hope it helps!
Billson :)

Aug 22, 2013 at 4:39 AM Post #3 of 9
Hi thanks for the reply

To be honest i have been asking around in many websites for about a week or two now

and most have been pointing me towards the beyerdynamic custom one pros

what i was intially planning to do if i bought the custom one pros was to get the es7 (or es700 if its worth it) as a portable back up

but i dont know something about the momentum just keeps crawling around in my head, i had a listen to it at a store demo and it sounded pretty nice and i am going to use my iphone as the source aswell and its specially desinged for it too. I spend around a 2-3 hour commute

Aug 22, 2013 at 4:56 AM Post #4 of 9
Heya,

The Custom One Pro's have pretty distant mids, very disappointing when I bought them. Vocals were just.... not there. Good headphone if all you want is bass (expensive for such a limited sound). I would get the Beyer DT770 LE 32ohm over this headphone 100% every time.

Other options:

Beyer DT770 LE 32ohm
Logitech UE 6000
Denon D600 (used/refurb/second hand)
AudioTechnica PRO700MKII
Vmoda M100
AKG K267 (this is the alternative to the custom one pro that is actually good)

I would push the DT770 LE 32ohm and AKG K267 the most.

Very best,

Aug 22, 2013 at 6:00 AM Post #6 of 9
whats the difference between the dt770 32 ohm and dt770 pro?

They are both pro versions and pro is all that is made now for the dt770. They come in flavors of 32ohm, 80ohm, and 250ohm. The only thing this affects is whether it needs an amp or not. 32ohm doesn't need an amp. 80ohm benefits from an amp. 250ohm needs an amp. It gives you options based on what gear you already have, or indicates what you would need which adds to cost and changes convenience. They sound virtually the same, one is not better than the other.

Very best,

Aug 23, 2013 at 11:53 PM Post #7 of 9
alright im having a strong liking to the v moda m100

but i hear its a bassy headphone (which is more than fine by me)

but how is it at rock, metal, trance songs such as linkin park, disturbed, sum 41 etc?

Aug 24, 2013 at 5:51 AM Post #8 of 9
alright im having a strong liking to the v moda m100

but i hear its a bassy headphone (which is more than fine by me)

but how is it at rock, metal, trance songs such as linkin park, disturbed, sum 41 etc?

They could be better for rock and similar music, but all in all they are not bad. I have been more than satisfied by the sound I get from mine.

Aug 24, 2013 at 5:56 AM Post #9 of 9
They are both pro versions and pro is all that is made now for the dt770. They come in flavors of 32ohm, 80ohm, and 250ohm. The only thing this affects is whether it needs an amp or not. 32ohm doesn't need an amp. 80ohm benefits from an amp. 250ohm needs an amp. It gives you options based on what gear you already have, or indicates what you would need which adds to cost and changes convenience. They sound virtually the same, one is not better than the other.

Very best,

Agree. Just to add more details into this;

The 32 Ohm will have a higher chance of damping factor issue in comparison to others but it only happen on more powerful amp that have higher output impedance. Damping factor will result in different frequency curve thus, different sound.

Just extra info xD
Billson :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back