Solid flux, how is it used?
Feb 8, 2011 at 1:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Amatsu

100+ Head-Fier
When I ordered the parts for a DIY amp I also ordered some rosin flux since because I don't have any, but this thing is just like a solid rock and I though it was supposed to be paste or liquid...
http://www.conrad-international.com/Rosin.htm?websale7=conrad-int&pi=813419

No big deal, but I'd like to know how is it used. Do I have to dissolve it or something? Thanks.

Feb 11, 2011 at 10:24 AM Post #3 of 6
You don't melt it! Heat activates the Rosin!!!

To use, add Isopropyl Alcohol to a portion (best to cut a little out and put it in a small dish) and allow the IPA to dissolve it then use a brush to apply to the joints to be soldered.

Feb 12, 2011 at 12:13 AM Post #5 of 6
You can heat it.  Just poke your soldering iron into the flux.  The solid will melt very quickly where you've had the iron.  The edges of the melted flux are then soft enough to stick to the tip of your solder if you dip into it and viola!  You have extra flux that's stuck to the end of your solder and enhances your next joint.

Sep 7, 2013 at 12:56 PM Post #6 of 6
hi, i just got myself in the same situation. i got a very nice amber clear Little "rock" kind of sticky. i saw your post and i wonder if you find out how to mix it. i was told by the supplier its supossed to be mixed with isopropyl alcohol. i just don't know how.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back