Soldering a new jack onto the cable for ad700
Feb 28, 2015 at 9:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Mattman5465

New Head-Fier
The plug on my AD700's broke and I'm trying to replace it. I cut the plug off and stripped the wire and the wires are red, white, and blue, which is apparently not universal with other headphones. I've been searching but can't figure out which of this wires is left/right/ground. Does anyone know which goes to which or do I have to take them apart to figure it out?

Feb 28, 2015 at 9:48 PM Post #2 of 5
  The plug on my AD700's broke and I'm trying to replace it. I cut the plug off and stripped the wire and the wires are red, white, and blue, which is apparently not universal with other headphones. I've been searching but can't figure out which of this wires is left/right/ground. Does anyone know which goes to which or do I have to take them apart to figure it out?

As on RCA cables red is right. That would make white left , and that only leaves blue, ground.

I would test that theory before I soldered the wires on the plug.
wink_face.gif

Feb 28, 2015 at 10:03 PM Post #3 of 5
  As on RCA cables red is right. That would make white left , and that only leaves blue, ground.

I would test that theory before I soldered the wires on the plug.
wink_face.gif

How would I go about testing it?
Would I just plug the end into an mp3 player or something and then touch the wires to the contact points?

Feb 28, 2015 at 10:19 PM Post #4 of 5
  How would I go about testing it?
Would I just plug the end into an mp3 player or something and then touch the wires to the contact points?

That's it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back