Solder WIthout Metal Contact
Jan 22, 2005 at 8:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

twodeko

100+ Head-Fier
i am building my CMOY to the layout at the bottom, and i have found that some of the parts the schematic asks me to bridge can not have both their legs in the same hole. i took a board (i have a couple) and took a metal object and tried widening the hole but i took off the metal backing on it. this can be found at the capactior/powersupple bridge. i was wondering if i can solder both parts in there without the metal plate and how i should do the same with the TLE2426 since i need to jumper into that hole and then take another wire to suspend it and connect it to the right points.

confused.gif

Cmoy.jpg

p.s. if anyone would like to help with some IM's as i get this started, might be helpful...
eggosmile.gif

Jan 22, 2005 at 9:31 PM Post #2 of 5
If you haven't already trimmed the leads they might be long enough to just bend down and act as a replacement for the PCB trace?

Or if you have the component lead clippings complete the circuit with those?

Point to point wiring can somethimes be completed with just the component leads themselves. Heck a paperclick can even work.

Mitch

Jan 22, 2005 at 9:35 PM Post #3 of 5
On the TLE you are using you can remove any of the legs that say no connection. This will open up some room for mounting things.

If you want sticking 2 leads in the same whole will work as long as you have the circuit right. I have never personally seen the need to do it that way though.

Jan 22, 2005 at 11:44 PM Post #5 of 5
that layout seems to be a lot more difficult than tangent's. there's no need for that kind of stuff with his. he hardly uses those holes that are out there by themselves.. the power caps are on the rows with 2 and 3 holes all conncted, so you don't have to stick 2 things in one hole.

you might want to check this layout out and see if you can make a change or two to make it easier to complete.

http://www.tangentsoft.net/audio/cmo...ayout-0150.pdf

Users who are viewing this thread

Back