Sold off my ipod , looking for new mp3 player with sweet midrange.
Dec 19, 2010 at 8:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

hentai

1000+ Head-Fier
Somehow i often felt that ipod's sound was kinda clincial when i was using them for almost a year. So i've just sold them off and now looking for another mp3 player. Any recommendation? I am using px200 II and sometimes my westones 2.  With the px200 II , the ipod volume seems limited, i often had  push the bar to 80% to get a decent volume. I am looking at either cowon iaudio 9 or Sony A series.

Dec 19, 2010 at 10:27 PM Post #2 of 4
Ah, Zune HD has great sound

The volume might not be what your looking for, they do get quite low, yet to me it works great at 13-16, it goes up to 30

Dec 19, 2010 at 10:40 PM Post #3 of 4
Well, I'm not an expert but I have a 4g Touch and just got a Cowon D2+.  In terms of quality sound, I find the Cowon much more pleasing.  I have D2+ loaded with Fac format jazz and it sounds wonderful.  Those that know more than I say the Cowon's claim  to fame is its equalization capability.  It really provide great flexibilty in adjusting the sound to suit your taste.

As an older model, I don't think the cost is too bad and it seems well built and solid.  I got the 16gb model and have added a 32gb SDHC card.

Good luck.

Dec 20, 2010 at 6:43 AM Post #4 of 4
In the end i bought a new old model Sony A728. Sound pretty good but the ipod classic do sound cleaner and leaner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back