Sold my DX90 and got Fiio X1... now feel like getting it back!
Apr 4, 2015 at 6:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

radiancez567

New Head-Fier
Was in need for some quick cash so I sold my beloved iBasso DX90 3 months ago.

After some time of missing out on good quality audio, I decided to get Fiio X1. I even got a Fiio E11K to pair with it.

Even though I still enjoy my music, I could not seem to derive the same enjoyment when I had the DX90. The clarity of vocals, the soundstage is much better (as I try to recall what I heard).

Now I am itching to sell off the X1 and E11K, and get a second-hand DX90.

The dilemma is, when is the second generation of DX90 coming out? And I heard Fiio X7 is on the way too. So should I wait for them? Or get back to DX90?

Apr 12, 2015 at 4:11 PM Post #3 of 5
Bumps for anyone in the same situation~

I doubt anyone is in the same situation right now of having sold the DX90 and wanting to buy it again :D

Did you search for the DX90 thread on Head-fi? (google DX90 with keyword head-fi). I would imagine someone there would know if an updated version is coming out.

Apr 13, 2015 at 2:40 AM Post #4 of 5
There is no second gen DX90 as far as I know. There will be a hibino/japanese one which is supposed to be better and uses better wiring or something like that, but it shouldn't be too different. 

Apr 14, 2015 at 1:55 PM Post #5 of 5
I doubt anyone is in the same situation right now of having sold the DX90 and wanting to buy it again
biggrin.gif

Did you search for the DX90 thread on Head-fi? (google DX90 with keyword head-fi). I would imagine someone there would know if an updated version is coming out.

Yep, I was following that thread when I got the DX90, but haven't been reading up since I sold it. Oops.

I guess I shall wait for probably a few months to see how things progress?

There is no second gen DX90 as far as I know. There will be a hibino/japanese one which is supposed to be better and uses better wiring or something like that, but it shouldn't be too different. 

I believe there is the DX90j? The version that is sold in Japan.

And there are also people modding DX90 I think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back