Sold item to another user, USPS left a notice, user hasn't picked up package or responded to PMs
Sep 6, 2013 at 3:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Jon G.

100+ Head-Fier
Edit-
Seems it might be OK. Will wait and see.

There doesn't seem to be a proper place to post something like this, but I'd like to know if anyone else has had experiences similar to this on Head-Fi or elsewhere.

I recently sold my Little Dot Mk. V to another user here via USPS with Signature Confirmation. Payment was via PayPal and I shipped to the confirmed address. A notice was left for them by the USPS so they could go pick it up a their local PO on August 28. I PM'd the buyer as a courtesy on Sep. 02 since there was no change in status. I sent another reminder yesterday since it STILL hadn't been picked up, and I hadn't received a response from the buyer. I still have no response from the buyer, yet the buyer has been actively browsing the forum. The user also has a handful of feedback from other sellers, all active memmbers, a few more recent than when I sold the Mk. V to the user, and all of them are positive.

Obviously if the buyer doesn't get it, it will be shipped back to me and maybe I'll issue a refund, but WTH is with this? Is there anything a FS section mod can do to get the user's attention?

Sep 6, 2013 at 3:22 PM Post #2 of 6
Send a message to the buyer saying that you have held up your side of the sale, so you will not issue a refund even if USPS returns the package to you.
So he should pick up the package from USPS as soon as possible.

Sep 6, 2013 at 3:35 PM Post #3 of 6
Quote:
  Send a message to the buyer saying that you have held up your side of the sale, so you will not issue a refund even if USPS returns the package to you.
So he should pick up the package from USPS as soon as possible.

I honestly wouldn't say that. That's really low in my opinion saying no refund if the item was returned to you and the buyer contacted you later wanting their money back. If the buyer doesn't pick it up within the certain timeframe USPS is holding the package (they'll usually hold it for 30 days, sometimes only 14-21 days depending on the post office), then that's the buyers fault if the item was shipped back to you. You already gave him a courtesy reminder that package has arrived. You don't have to go making a statement saying no refunds to force that guy pick it up. If the package was returned to you, I would contact the buyer again one more time if he would still like the item but the buyer should agree to pay for shipping since it was the buyer's fault for not picking up the package. If not then issue a refund and try your luck selling your item to another person.

Sep 6, 2013 at 4:07 PM Post #4 of 6

I honestly wouldn't say that. That's really low in my opinion saying no refund if the item was returned to you and the buyer contacted you later wanting their money back. If the buyer doesn't pick it up within the certain timeframe USPS is holding the package (they'll usually hold it for 30 days, sometimes only 14-21 days depending on the post office), then that's the buyers fault if the item was shipped back to you. You already gave him a courtesy reminder that package has arrived. You don't have to go making a statement saying no refunds to force that guy pick it up. If the package was returned to you, I would contact the buyer again one more time if he would still like the item but the buyer should agree to pay for shipping since it was the buyer's fault for not picking up the package. If not then issue a refund and try your luck selling your item to another person.

The buyer is refusing to deal with the seller, the buyer is also keeping the seller from being able to sell the Little Dot MK V to anyone else while the package is in limbo.
Hopefully the buyer do something if he thinks he will not be able to get a refund.

Sep 6, 2013 at 4:55 PM Post #5 of 6
Something unforeseen may be preventing the buyer from picking up the package and another person may be browsing head-fi. Who knows. The package has been held for pickup a short amount of time. There is nothing to worry about unless the package is returned.

Sep 6, 2013 at 5:04 PM Post #6 of 6
I'm worried more about having to refund and resell the item, possibly at a lower cost than I did previously, and having to wait to do it. I'm also worried about the buyer filing a claim with PayPal, having the claim end in their favour, then going to pick up the package. I won't threaten no-refund so I don't expedite that possibility.

This is a business transaction, if something happened and a person who knows the buyer is using the account, that person should be using it to let anyone that needs to know why business isn't flowing the way it should. There's plenty for me to worry about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back