May 15, 2007 at 10:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 64

vcoheda

High-End Forum Volunteer
b7_12.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...4196&rd=1&rd=1

May 15, 2007 at 10:49 PM Post #2 of 64
Good price
biggrin.gif
Had he advertised it on Head-Fi, he would've easily gotten a decent amount over what it sold for.

May 15, 2007 at 10:57 PM Post #3 of 64
Wow, what a price! I seriously hope someone here was able to snatch it.

May 16, 2007 at 12:11 AM Post #4 of 64
I was monitoring this and wondering why nobody was bidding. I already have one so I wasn't going to bid.

May 16, 2007 at 1:02 AM Post #7 of 64
I asked him some questions as well. His responses were good enough, but it is a lot of money to spend on a transaction involving a seller from a different country.

May 16, 2007 at 10:57 AM Post #8 of 64
I won it and checked his addresses and they check out and can be collected I have people in Greece but not near him. I am also buying via visa paypal so will be able to claim if worse happens. Also got serial numbers of the amp and headphones. So seems reasonable but we will see. I'm still trying a couple more things like going to get some more pictures b4 I part with the cash

May 16, 2007 at 11:49 AM Post #9 of 64
Congrats. Not to be a prick or anything, but shouldn't you be asking the questions before bidding? I'd be pretty pissed off if I was the seller and the buyer decided to pull out... Anyhow, you got it for a great price
biggrin.gif
All the best.

May 16, 2007 at 7:10 PM Post #10 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congrats. Not to be a prick or anything, but shouldn't you be asking the questions before bidding? I'd be pretty pissed off if I was the seller and the buyer decided to pull out... Anyhow, you got it for a great price
biggrin.gif
All the best.

I would have no reason to pull out if he can supply the information. If you have the goods then why would it be a problem? I have 500+ feedback on ebay 100% and all users I buy from have no issue with it for high cost items!

May 16, 2007 at 7:24 PM Post #11 of 64
Well because he has to pay selllers fees. It's a significant amount for a something of this value. Then he'd have to relist them again. That said, you're completely right. If he was legit, why should he worry
tongue.gif
If he's trying to cheat you, then serves him right and I'll laugh when he has to cough up the seller's fees
biggrin.gif

May 16, 2007 at 7:34 PM Post #12 of 64
Congrats on the deal reano! Hope the transaction goes smoothly for you.

I was watching the auction closely myself and put in a lower bid. I didn't feel comfortable going higher than I did, mainly because PayPal buyer protection on the listing is only “up to $200 USD” which I thought was odd?
blink.gif

May 16, 2007 at 8:05 PM Post #13 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pixel Pusher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congrats on the deal reano! Hope the transaction goes smoothly for you. I was watching the auction closely myself and put in a lower bid. I didn't feel comfortable going higher than I did, mainly because PayPal buyer protection on the listing is only “up to $200 USD” which I thought was odd?
blink.gif

I think it's because the seller doesn't have a verified premier or business account and in good standing. It's the only requirement he could be missing from reading PayPal's eligibility.

May 17, 2007 at 5:43 AM Post #14 of 64
He has agreed to getting me more photo's he said the photo's will look worse as his friend who is professional photographer did them (the original) with white background paper hence why they look like internet photo's (or so good) he said he's had like over 50 requests for these photo's and realises now that if he had done worse photo's they would have got a higher end price. I have still asked to see them though but from all the checks (and I've searched for identical photo's on the net and as yet cannot find them) so it seems good at the moment. I'm still going to pay via visa as protection is offered that way.

May 17, 2007 at 4:12 PM Post #15 of 64
congrats reano on the purchase. i would love to get an HE60 one day. the photos were very nice looking. my first question was whether they were stock, as they did look professional, or actual pictures of the item being sold. i never bid but was very interested in the auction.

let us know how it turns out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back