sold e2c, what's next?
Sep 17, 2004 at 2:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

Gummy

100+ Head-Fier
in terms of IEM and around the same price range

er6?

the e2 doens't do the highes well enough for me

Sep 17, 2004 at 8:30 AM Post #3 of 22
Never owned E2 or ER-6 but... from what I read around here, I thing going from one to the other you might be missing a lot of bass. Which might not be a problem for you, but worth keeping in mind.

Sep 17, 2004 at 8:45 AM Post #4 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by gorman
Never owned E2 or ER-6 but... from what I read around here, I thing going from one to the other you might be missing a lot of bass. Which might not be a problem for you, but worth keeping in mind.

ER6i's getting great reviews in that regard.

Sep 17, 2004 at 12:18 PM Post #5 of 22
Unamplified bass on ER6i is adequate, not exceptional. If you liked bass of E2cs, I fear the 6i will be a disappointment. If you want excellent detail or clarity, then the ER6i will satisfy, and if you plan to use a portable amp, the ER6i will give you excellent sounding bass. Unamplified though, the new Etys will still hold minimal appeal for bassheads. If you want higher range though the ER6i will deliver nicely.

des

Sep 17, 2004 at 4:21 PM Post #8 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gummy
That's excellent news as I think the bass on e2 is too strong.

Thanks, I think I'll get the er6 now.

Careful when ordering Gummy, the ER6 and the ER6i are different models, and seem to be moving towards different price points, the ER6 towards $100 and the ER6i towards $120-$130.

The 6i is lower impedance, giving slightly more bass, and is easier to drive with portable devices. IMO it sounds better than the ER6, but only in terms of bass. If you like treble, care little for bass, and have a sufficiently powerful source to drive the phones (i.e. either non-portable or an old school CD player with tons of output power) than you may want to save $$ and get the basic ER6. Otherwise go with the ER6i.

good listening!

des

Sep 17, 2004 at 6:21 PM Post #10 of 22
So the shure E2c are for bassheads? if you were to compair the sounds of the IEMs to full size cans can you do that? Like E2c have bass similar to the DT770 or AKG or somthign like that? I like the sound of the DT770 but they arnt good for portable use nor sleeping...
600smile.gif

Sep 18, 2004 at 6:04 AM Post #11 of 22
Just got the E2cs today. Strong bass, greater detail then the Sony Ex71s, less precision than Etys.

Canal phone to full size cans I have heard comparison IN TERMS OF BASS:

Ex71=Sony V6 w less detail
E2c=Sony V6 w more detail
ER6i-Grado SR60
ER6=Senn 570

des

Sep 18, 2004 at 6:30 AM Post #12 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by BowerR64
So the shure E2c are for bassheads? if you were to compair the sounds of the IEMs to full size cans can you do that? Like E2c have bass similar to the DT770 or AKG or somthign like that? I like the sound of the DT770 but they arnt good for portable use nor sleeping...
600smile.gif

The E2 doesn't have quite the oomph of the DT770 but it is close. The E2 has more mids, the DT770 more highs. The DT770 will be more detailed, with a larger soundstage (obviously). To me the E2 is like a downgraded portable version of the DT770 for cheap. The E5 is like an upgraded portable version for more money.

Sep 18, 2004 at 6:59 AM Post #14 of 22
Now that ive gotten the Shure e2c's i pretty much agree with u commando, but im to lazy to send them back. I Was looking for a more exciting sound then this but its acceptable for an earphone.

Sep 18, 2004 at 7:18 AM Post #15 of 22
I totally agree with commando. I had both e2 and e3 and returned them withing 30 days. The tonal balance is not up to par for what I paid for. I think I'm going to get an ety 4p instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back