Sol republic master tracks?
Jun 7, 2014 at 12:33 PM Post #16 of 23
Compared to the xb700 I have I think the master tracks is more tamed. Less sub bass but more mid bass. For the mid and highs I don't think they are recessed at all. They just sound flat. BTW lazyboy420x the review you have is for the hd not the master tracks different headphone. The hd on the other hand has recessed mids and highs. The master track is definitely more balanced than the hd.  

I think the reason why they priced it at 200 is because of the style and brand. I got to admit I like how they look. 200 though is too much. I think 150 is a reasonable price, 100 a good deal, and under that is money well spent. 

Jun 7, 2014 at 1:02 PM Post #17 of 23
Im sorry but the master tracks have a huge treble dip starting at 2khz. The bass is pushed wayyyyy over the mids which is to be expected in a total basshead can. The graphs just look TERRIBLE.
https://www.google.com/search?q=sol+republic+master+frequency+response&rlz=1CDGOYI_enUS590US590&hl=en-US&espv=1&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sboxchip=Images&sa=X&ei=0kSTU8KJM9LMsQTSrYCQAw&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAg&biw=480&bih=256&dpr=2

Jun 9, 2014 at 6:34 PM Post #19 of 23
If you compare it to other hifi headphone it is terrible but you got to remember these headphones are made for the average consumer who likes bass and ok mids and highs. Like the guy above I don't think the average consumer will care. I personally bought them for the style. I Wear them mostly outside for its comfort and style. The sound isn't that bad either. The highs can be much better but I'm pretty sensitive to high frequency so I usually like a more smoother and darker sound.
This is how I usually listen to the xb700 and the master tracks on the computer.  Also I found the zx700 highs to be a bit extreme, hurts my ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back