Software to put image galleries online.
Dec 13, 2004 at 2:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

bg4533

Headphoneus Supremus
I have been taking a lot of digital pictures lately and would like to be able to easily put them online for others to see. I have my own website hosted by AddAction.net and they give me a few tools to make galleries, but nothing I like. I can't really install anything on the server, so I guess I need a software package for my computer. I would ideally like something that will automatically resize pictures and create thumbnails and generate a page of the thumbnails. I want the online galleries to be fairly simple. There is no need for registration or anything like that.

Does anyone know of anything that will fit my needs?

Thanks!

Dec 13, 2004 at 2:36 AM Post #2 of 7
This isn't what you're looking for, but it's a start. www.irfanview.com has a great image viewing program that does high quality batch filters such as resizing.

Dec 14, 2004 at 6:33 PM Post #4 of 7
Adobe Photoshop has a nice automated feature that will resize, create thumbnails and create a full webpage for you. Point it to a directory and it will do the rest.

Dec 14, 2004 at 6:36 PM Post #5 of 7
found this on download.com

http://www.download.com/JAlbum/3000-...ml?tag=lst-0-6

Never used it before, but the reviews look good and it's freeware
smily_headphones1.gif
Jalbum

Dec 14, 2004 at 7:22 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by hongda
Adobe Photoshop has a nice automated feature that will resize, create thumbnails and create a full webpage for you. Point it to a directory and it will do the rest.

Thanks! I actually use Photoshop fairly often, but I have never noticed this feature before. I just tried it out and it did exactly what I want and was pretty easy to use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back