software to organize music?
Aug 8, 2008 at 2:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

nburge

100+ Head-Fier
Hey Guys,

I would like to know if there are any good music organizers. I have tons of music 100 plus gigs and its semi organized. i would like to find a program that would do most of the work for me. I have duplicate songs,different quality songs, some songs ive lost the license for etc. I dont want to go album by album organizing everything myself. can anyone offer suggestions?

Aug 8, 2008 at 2:08 AM Post #2 of 16
i like itunes for organizing my music, but if you dont have an ipod, im sure there is better software out there.

Aug 8, 2008 at 3:00 AM Post #5 of 16
MusicBrainz Picard

Aug 8, 2008 at 3:11 AM Post #7 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by rockin_amigo14 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i like mediamonkey

X2

Aug 8, 2008 at 6:38 AM Post #9 of 16
I really enjoy iTunes as a music organizer, and player.
Quite powerful library, with album art, dynamic playlists, and more...

Aug 8, 2008 at 2:46 PM Post #11 of 16
I have to add that MediaMonkey don't only organize your music but you can also manage your file system so you'll be able to find anything without any software.

I'm now able to find any album in my collection with only the windows explorer because all my file system is well organized.

-MediaMonkey for music management
-Foobar2000 for music listening
-Zune software to sync with my zune

Aug 8, 2008 at 5:32 PM Post #12 of 16
x4 on mediamonkey.

Go to the tree and "files to edit" and pick an option and power through adding whatever the file doesnt have with Amazon tagging (CTRL+L) but make sure that all the tracks in the album are ticked to be tagged.

I was trying to edit all of my 25gb collection last year and went through doing each track/album, and also seeing which needed album art, then i realised there was a "files to edit" tree, and an "unknown album art" option!

Now i keep on top of it an every time new tracks come in i wipe the library and rescan the new tracks in and edit.

I used to sync my old Zen Vision M 30 with it too. Now i have the d2 i have my tracks spread alphabetically acroos the 3 sd's and the internal memory, usin g Vista or Xp explorer (blissfully simple now and can be done on any pc!)

Play: Winamp Bento
Sync/Transfer: Explorer
Tag: Media Monkey 3
Renamer (simple exe): to bulk rename/edit file names.

My music partition on my vista lappy is nice. Set to folders with a little sample of whats in it, so each artist folder has a nice little cover for each album in it.

Took a while, but well worth the effort now it is all done.

Aug 8, 2008 at 6:16 PM Post #13 of 16
organise = tag and rename
transfer = itunes, but i wish i dint have to
player = wmp 11 but no one will agree with that
wink.gif

Aug 10, 2008 at 4:47 AM Post #14 of 16
Last time I tried WMP10, it sounded better than iTunes to me.

I use iTunes to organize my music. I have almost 60GB's now, and the album browsing feature is pretty useful to find albums I've forgotten about.

Aug 10, 2008 at 2:42 PM Post #15 of 16
I use media monkey, and it is awesome. great for management etc. only thing is that often, when i am scrolling down my list of albums, it often lags. is that only me? But from what i understand, you want something that you can just setup, and leave it to organise the whole thing. not going to happen. spend some time on it yourself. It takes a while the first time, but then after that it remains really easy to keep everything set up, and it helps in back up etc as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back