Software for Recording LPs to Computer
Aug 13, 2004 at 5:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

erikzen

06 National Meet Co-Coordinator
100% THD and S/N = 0
I'm about to start a project to rip about 300 albums to wav files. I'm looking for decent, easy to use software, that's not too expensive ,to record to my hard drive and to remove clicks and pops and possibly some other editing.

I was thinking I would use LP Recorder to record the music and then DC Millenium for cleaning up the tracks.

I have never used either of these programs. Can anyone recommend them or other software to do the job?

Aug 13, 2004 at 5:23 AM Post #2 of 5
I use LP Recorder and its companion, LP Ripper, for digitally recording audio streams off the internet.

It has the best UI of the 2 or 3 programs I've tried. I've always found the results good enough for playing in the car, at work, etc...but I've never done any serious listening tests.

The Xitel INport (usb a/d converter) comes with LP Recorder/Ripper for free, and only costs $20 more than the software by itself.

Aug 13, 2004 at 8:12 PM Post #3 of 5
Anybody ever try Wave Correct?

I downloaded CD Wave and tested out a recording using my MD player. It sounded pretty close to the original, at least using my modest computer setup.

Aug 17, 2004 at 5:36 PM Post #4 of 5
Just thought I'd bump this since I'm just about ready to start recording.

The best post I found on this topic here was Vinyl Rips.

From that post I decided to try the CD Wave Editor program as it was cheap and seems easy to use. Other software mentioned is Sound Forge, but that is quite expensive. The alternative is Screenblast Sound Forge. Another program mentioned is Diamond Cut 5. This has been replaced by DC 6 but is also rather expensive. They also have a "consumer" end product called DC Millennium.

Anybody have any experience with DC Millennium or Screenblast Sound Forge?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back