Software for converting large FLAC library to MP3 while maintaining folder structure?
Nov 2, 2010 at 4:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

bridge8989

100+ Head-Fier
Im looking for a program to convert all my flac files to mp3 and copy the mp3s into a new directory with the same folder structure as my flac collection.

Thanks!

Nov 2, 2010 at 4:32 PM Post #2 of 5

Quote:
Im looking for a program to convert all my flac files to mp3 and copy the mp3s into a new directory with the same folder structure as my flac collection.

Thanks!

Have you tried dBpoweramp?

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/

You'll need to grab some plugins to convert everything you want.  I don't think it'll keep it exactly how you did it unless your system is the same as dynamic mode.  But I would probably copy the entire music directory and rename the folder and then batch convert all the flac files through dBpoweramp and have the converted files go to back to the original folder.  Do a quick search for flac files in the new folder and just delete.  It's a little bit more work, but that's what I do.

Nov 2, 2010 at 5:44 PM Post #3 of 5
Look no further, you already have the program. I'm of course talking about Foobar. Here is how to do it:

Go to the Convert option and then to the Name Format field and input:
$substr($directory_path(%path%),3,999)\%filename%
(it takes the full path and filename but removes first 3 characters which are used for the drive letter).

Nov 3, 2010 at 2:33 PM Post #5 of 5
x2 for Foobar, I say this because as you add new cds to your collection, there is an option in foobar where you can tell it to skip already existing files, so you can select all your cds and just hit convert and it only does the new ones, if you don't convert right away like me, this is a godsend. There might be that option in db also, but I couldn't find it. The foobar way is also very straight forward, no deleting flac files afterwards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back