software equalizer?
Jul 2, 2005 at 2:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

nsahoo

New Head-Fier
Is there any stand alone equalizer that I can use independent of the player I am using to listen to the songs? I have a creative audigy 2 card.

Jul 2, 2005 at 2:43 PM Post #2 of 18
Shouldn't an EQ be included with the Creative software? At least it was in case of my Live! 24-Bit.

Jul 2, 2005 at 3:55 PM Post #3 of 18
I too, have been looking for an advanced equalizer that effects system-wide sound processes. Like a parametric EQ where I can define every property would be the ****
wink.gif

-Joe

Jul 2, 2005 at 4:13 PM Post #4 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by sgrossklass
Shouldn't an EQ be included with the Creative software? At least it was in case of my Live! 24-Bit.

There is an equalizer with creative media source player. But, I wish I had a _stand alone_ equalizer. Such as I can use my yahoo music engine (that unfortunately does not have an equalizer) to playback songs and use this equalizer to make the vocals a little stronger.

Jul 2, 2005 at 6:23 PM Post #6 of 18
Jul 2, 2005 at 7:06 PM Post #7 of 18
The one in Foobar2000 (18 bands, +/- 20db) is convenient and works well.

Jul 2, 2005 at 9:41 PM Post #8 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrith

Except for the fact there's no control over 20-40 Hz
frown.gif
and no left and right independence. I need these functions soooo baaad, I wish someone would write a revised version of Foobar EQ.. I'll even chip in $

Jul 2, 2005 at 10:22 PM Post #9 of 18
Jul 2, 2005 at 10:22 PM Post #10 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrith

but, won't you have to use Foobar2000 to play the songs in order to use the equalizer?

Jul 3, 2005 at 5:00 AM Post #11 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsahoo
but, won't you have to use Foobar2000 to play the songs in order to use the equalizer?

Yeah...but foobar is a good player
tongue.gif
. There are even ways to skin it like WinAMP if you're used to that interface.

Jul 3, 2005 at 10:23 PM Post #12 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by 450
Yeah...but foobar is a good player
tongue.gif
. There are even ways to skin it like WinAMP if you're used to that interface.

I have heard only good things about Foobar2000. But, what if you have to use some other player like Yahoo Music engine to listen to the music subscription? That is why I wanted to know if there is any equalizer independent of the player.

Jul 4, 2005 at 3:51 AM Post #13 of 18
Quote:

I have heard only good things about Foobar2000. But, what if you have to use some other player like Yahoo Music engine to listen to the music subscription? That is why I wanted to know if there is any equalizer independent of the player.

Your probably going to be SOL unless it's onboard to the soundcard itself (E-mu style) because of the difficulties of intercepting the audio stream from one application with another.

Jul 4, 2005 at 4:55 AM Post #14 of 18
yeah, the e-mu gives you full control where you can set-up a 32 effects (i believe), including 4 band equalizers only counting as 1 effect. parametric eq's and shelf eq's count as an effect.

You get to control 80-20khz. I just wish they would let you control the bass under 80hz.

-Joe

Jul 4, 2005 at 8:20 AM Post #15 of 18
Quote:

Is there any stand alone equalizer that I can use independent of the player I am using to listen to the songs? I have a creative audigy 2 card.

You have program called CTPanel bundled with creative drivers. It has a 7 band eq and it seem to affect on all sound goin' through Audigy.

If you can't find it from the installation CD then go to creative support and DL driverupdate (for example SBA2_PCWDRV_LB_1_84_55).

You can find the program I mentioned on Drivers\WDM\Common\ -folder. Just copy it and/(or) make a shortcut to run it.

jiitee

Users who are viewing this thread

Back