software crossfeed under os x?
Jul 11, 2004 at 1:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

mattigol

500+ Head-Fier
hi there,

anybody know of a software crossfeed for mac os x? preferably one that installs in one step. google search produced a recommendation by blessingx from two years ago that needed some additional commercial software to plug into.

cheers matthias

Jul 11, 2004 at 2:16 PM Post #2 of 5
Well, the only one I know is still the great (salivate Windows users
wink.gif
) Canz3D. I continue to highly recommend Audio Hijack Pro (use at least once a week separately) with it, but anything that allows VST plugins to work would do. Audacity is a free audio editor for instance. Not sure if it allows playback or capture of audio streams (which is how I use AHP/Canz3D in real-time) or would require encoding crossfeed versions of tunes. Try a search for 'OS X' and 'VST'.

Jul 11, 2004 at 6:00 PM Post #5 of 5
Provided your CPU is up to speed, Canz3D, should have no trouble processing in real time. It's just a plug-in. The question is how does the app that runs it process music? AHP is built to 'hijack' streams (internet or between apps) so it's all about processing in real time. Audacity, is an editor, and thus the opposite. It may have real time processing, but I don't know. Don't use it.

There's also JackPilot and others listed here. I don't have familiarity with most of them though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back