Softer Etymotic cables
Sep 22, 2007 at 6:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

dimm0k

100+ Head-Fier
I currently have two pairs of the Etymotic ER4P earphones and the original one I purchased back in the day seem to have stiffer cables than the second hand pair I purchased recently. The cable below the green pod feels similar, but the thinner cables that go to the left and right ears seem to be stiffer on my original pair. Both have the red/blue coloring and the cables that go to the left and right ears are two strands twisted. They are identical in every way except the original feels a lot more stiffer. Anyone have any ideas as to why?

Sep 23, 2007 at 11:31 AM Post #4 of 6
its only a theory, but it could be age - it hasn't happened with my ET's but its something I've noticed on a quite a few sets of IEM's that I have owned and as they've seen more use the cable gets stiffer.

Sep 23, 2007 at 2:59 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by leqin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
its only a theory, but it could be age - it hasn't happened with my ET's but its something I've noticed on a quite a few sets of IEM's that I have owned and as they've seen more use the cable gets stiffer.

Hrmm, that could be a possibility... the stiffer ones I have have been used for quite a while while the softer ones I'm not too sure how much they've been used, but I remember the seller saying that it was not used too often. I wonder if this means the cable is going to be needing a replacement some time in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back