Soft relaxing music?
Nov 4, 2004 at 1:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

hackeron

100+ Head-Fier
Hey, I got my Shure E5s several days ago and want to get some new music to go with them
smily_headphones1.gif
-- I searched for relaxing music on google and found either indian music or trance.

For my taste however, I find the following tracks relaxing:
Mariah Carey - My All
Andrea Bocelli & Celine Dion - Prayer
Whitney Houston - Why does it hurt so bad
Elton John - Dont let the sun go down on me
The Pretenders - I'll Stand By You

Maybe I have a strange taste, but with that in mind, do you have any track/album recommendations for me?

OH, album I enjoy quite a bit is that Waiting to Exhale album with the track Whitney Houston - Why does it hurt so bad on it.

Nov 4, 2004 at 1:59 PM Post #2 of 26
Norah Jones - Come Away with Me
Norah Jones - Feels Like Home
Katie Melua - Call off the Search
Jamie Callum - Twentysomething

All very easy-listening....
icon10.gif

Nov 4, 2004 at 10:16 PM Post #6 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by marios_mar
try some some volumes of the

Cafe Del Mar

or some Schiller.

Getting volumes 2, 4 and 11. Chose randomly
smily_headphones1.gif
-- will let you know if I like them at all.

Edit, will get Acoustic Alchemy as well.

Nov 5, 2004 at 12:33 AM Post #8 of 26
Porcupine Tree - Mesmer - It's all spacey improv. Yes, the entire CD is improv.

Brad Mehldau - Places, Art of the Trio, Vol. 3 (Piano/bass/drums trio playing low key jazz)

Loreena McKennit - The Visit - Still my favorite album by her, not only is it relaxing, Loreena has an amazing voice, very airy and ethereal.

Katie Meula is pretty good too.

Nov 5, 2004 at 1:59 AM Post #9 of 26
I would suggest you try some Kelly Joe Phelps. He's a singer/songwriter acoustic slide guitar player. I find him excellent for late night listening. I'd recommend a couple of his cds, The Shine Eyed Mister Zen and Roll Away the Stone.

Nov 13, 2004 at 10:58 PM Post #11 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xevion
Porcupine Tree - Mesmer - It's all spacey improv. Yes, the entire CD is improv.

Brad Mehldau - Places, Art of the Trio, Vol. 3 (Piano/bass/drums trio playing low key jazz)

Loreena McKennit - The Visit - Still my favorite album by her, not only is it relaxing, Loreena has an amazing voice, very airy and ethereal.

Katie Meula is pretty good too.

Got only Katie Meula - Call off the search -- pretty darn good! Enjoying it quite a bit. Thanks.

Will get the rest of your recomendations.

Nov 13, 2004 at 11:11 PM Post #13 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gundam
Norah Jones - Come Away with Me
Norah Jones - Feels Like Home
Katie Melua - Call off the Search
Jamie Callum - Twentysomething

All very easy-listening....
icon10.gif

Katie Melua is great, got Norah Jones - Feels like Home -- not that great. Will get Jamie Callum.

EDIT: turns out I had Jamie Callum on my hard drive already, lol.. Anyway -- is it me or is the music better of if he just shuts the **** up because he cant sing?

Nov 14, 2004 at 3:41 AM Post #14 of 26
Mehldau, but he was already suggested.
hm...You might also want to try Pat Metheny Group check out the "life(talking)" album....I think thats what it's called.
also, hm.. BeachHouse 4.02/4.03 and Isla del Sol (mix of house, all very chill)
oooh and i almost forgot Bill Evans - "Conversations with myself" incredible album.

Nov 18, 2004 at 1:06 PM Post #15 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by hackeron
EDIT: turns out I had Jamie Callum on my hard drive already, lol.. Anyway -- is it me or is the music better of if he just shuts the **** up because he cant sing?

I'd say he can't sing. He's as annoying as Buble.

Try Robbie William's Swing While You're Winning. While it might be a bit out of the norm for what you would call "relaxing" music, it always place me in a good mood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back